Quantcast
Introducing Japanese Knife Society - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing Japanese Knife Society

Sponsors
    Alright... so i see where you guys are coming from and i think we can get to that eventually... however, after talking it over, we feel its best to start from the basics and work from there. We want to focus on things like knife grips, proper stance, the basic skills with each type of knife, etc. Then, we will probably move more into the specialized stuff. Is that ok with you guys?

I'm good

How about the differences in use between "similar" styles. Single bevel and double bevels slicers, ajikiris, and such

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    Alright... so i see where you guys are coming from and i think we can get to that eventually... however, after talking it over, we feel its best to start from the basics and work from there. We want to focus on things like knife grips, proper stance, the basic skills with each type of knife, etc. Then, we will probably move more into the specialized stuff. Is that ok with you guys?
    Given that you know a lot more than I do (and lots of other guys here), this sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Given that you know a lot more than I do (and lots of other guys here), this sounds great to me.
    +1

Sponsors
    Newest video... Katsuramuki with Carrots (also, Yokoken and Tateken cuts)

This time, he uses the proper knife for katsuramuki... a kamagata usuba or usuba.

Not seeing the vid, Jon.

Nope I can see it. Great skill.

In the carrot katsuramuki video, would he normally continue the katsuramuki farther, but stops early to keep the video short? Or, is the rest of the carrot just normally used for other things?

Sponsors
    great question... he stops early just for the video... you can go much more with it. However, that carrot can be used for other things in that condition.

It would be pretty boring to watch him do the whole carrot for a video like this... he's going pretty slow to make sure the techniques are easy to see

+ Reply to Thread