Dave M - Let's get rich.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but if only there was a device that took away the stress of making a salad to go along with this fine piece of craftsmanship

Has risen $32K, the perfect knife to cut yourself :scratchhead:

So let me get this straight...

I could make a prototype gadget knife, just one, then make a movie, and then I can hit Kickstarter and collect $$$?

Do I have the formula correct?

For a general purpose knife for the western homemaker, non-amateur-chef kitchen, it might not be the worst choice if it really is 57... and given the product video shows rock chopping technique...

However ... carrying THAT around is likely to actually get you arrested in parts of Europe. Two cutting edges, serrated or not, are what many knife laws use to positively categorize a knife as a cold weapon instead of a tool.

Bought 5, I can't wait to put my knuckles against that blade when slicing/sawing things. What oculd possibly go wrong.

So let me get this straight...

I could make a prototype gadget knife, just one, then make a movie, and then I can hit Kickstarter and collect $$$?

Do I have the formula correct?

You do the knife, I'll do the movie. Then I can afford your next suji:cool2:

'We are very excited to bring doppio into your home.'
Not mine, that's for sure. :)

How can this get over 30,000 dollars. Don't people have brains? :/

Never worked with brains, I can imagine they are hard to cut right?

The original design is too shortsighted. Go three blades: 270mm Yanagiba and bread knife - 180mm kataba deba and bone cleaver - 210mm gyuto and usuba. 120° each from a triangular handle.

@shownomarci They can certainly bring me an Espresso Doppio ;) In a cup that has both shots in the same orientation relative to gravity, please.

Does this include a 1 meter pole with a specialized attachment to modify this for use as an medium range offensive weapon?

You could grind that round tip to a point, it would be great on the end of a spear.

Dopey-o fer sure.
I too was disappointed by the absence of bearded hipsters pontificating about the chi draining, un-cool processes involved in feeding oneself.
Tell you one thing, this is pretty much the exact tool my wife has been seeking for garden work. Should be perfect for weeding and such. I told her she should probably hold off until they release the damascus version.

Unbelievable. 32k. How is that possible?! Concept is crap, the video is crap, the thing is not even beatiful.

Tell you one thing, this is pretty much the exact tool my wife has been seeking for garden work. Should be perfect for weeding and such. I told her she should probably hold off until they release the damascus version.

THAT'S what it reminds me of! :D

hori-hori-knife.jpg

Hori-Hori.jpg

I don't get why they didn't put more edges on there? Sure they have serrated and a straight edge. But on the other side where that handle is stealing space they could put a single bevel and a smaller teeth serrated edge.

Then they could even sell chainmail gloves as extras for ease of use!

It makes me wonder.....what do they do with all the extra money (since they've hit their cap)? Buy a huge Bluefin?

Back