Newest Acquisition

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
I figured out which knife to spoil myself with (my wife let me) after getting the big call a bit over a month ago.
I knew I had my sights set on another Carter, but I had a bit of trouble deciding which one, for sure. After trying out a beautiful IP KU gyuto, and the knife I've been trying to convince my good friend Rick to sell for a while now, I made my decision. It, to be quite honest was a no-brainer!
Firstly, I need to thank Rick for selling me one of his favourites, and secondly, I should thank Pierre for making Rick a knife he actually enjoys using even more than my new beauty. Here it is - a 7.6 sun KU sujihiki, by Murray Carter, with a beautiful custom handle by Isaiah.

c5bdab72.jpg

be3d9af4.jpg

I think I now understand why quite a few guys go with a short suji as their all-arounder. I've used this knife for everything I can think of, and it's amazing me with its performance.
Between this and my pettysuki, I think I'm set for a while now...right??? :scratchhead:

That is super pimp...perfect profile and I am a big fan of angled tips like that. Great score.

Thats a real looker, its great to get knives you are already in love with, no?

nice! i can see that being an all-rounder, as it has decent knuckle clearance. i need to get a Carter, at some point.

Thanks guys! I really owe Rick a favour on this one.

I don't think I have ever seen this tip in Murray's knives. Very nice.

Stefan

+1 for bein purdy
+1 for very unique

I'm amazed at some of the knives that Rick lets go of. Maybe its easier when he knows that they're going go a loving home.

love the kiritsuki tip. great handle. awesome, rustic blade.

+1 for bein purdy
+1 for very unique

I'm amazed at some of the knives that Rick lets go of. Maybe its easier when he knows that they're going go a loving home.

It does make it a bit easier when you know the knife will be well-treated.

I heard this once, and wrote it down so I wouldn't forget it:

"The object’s not to own all the toys in the world, the object is to play with all the toys in the world. And you can’t play with them all if you keep them, you’ve got to keep trading them off."

"The object’s not to own all the toys in the world, the object is to play with all the toys in the world. And you can’t play with them all if you keep them, you’ve got to keep trading them off."

Did you hear it from Lefty?

Good advice!

Well, with this quote being the new motto, I am open to donations!!!! LOL

But seriously, that knife rocks! The kiritsuke tip is like extra icing on a cake already iced with that perfectly tapered handle....

Ok guys, let's quit reminding Rick how amazing the suji is! I don't want to feel guilty every time I use it. :razz:

Back