MI (Heart)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

Founding Member
Reaction score
I guess I am part of the club now; bad heart attack and the last thing on my radar as I never had heart issues or high BP, etc. A word of advice: You may think you will get there sooner by driving, but the EMT people are transmitting vital ECG info while on route. When I got to the ER, they pushed me through to the cath lab where everyone was ready to go. While I transferred from the EMT stretcher to the OR table, I flat lined. I only required one zap to get me going and I am sorry to report that there is no information I can bring you from the other side. I will be back next week for a few more stents.
Seth

Glad you came through (relatively) okay. I've got three stents, myself.

And I would echo and extend your warning about driving yourself to the ER if you're having a heart attack. Not only is it slower, but you may not make it, at all! And, what's worse is, you may take someone else out, too, if you lose control.

Glad your still kicking!

Speed is always the key ... how quickly can you get into the cath lab for intervention. As you point out, getting your vitals to the hospital ASAP can help you bypass the ER and get there faster.

More or less typical; jaw pain like someone extracting molars without any numbing, left arm pain, sudden profuse sweating.... Hey guys, thanks for the good thoughts and support. I am doing well and I will have two more stents installed in about a week. Maybe one or two days in hospital followed by cardiac rehab. I am still amazed at my luck; if you want to flat line, do it in a hospital, works to your advantage.

Latest posts

Back