• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

trading unicorns, looking for a Yanagi Honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a Yanagiba honyaki 300mm with a beautiful hamon.
No brand in mind.
Just pm what you're thinking about, I am open to all kinds of trade/partial sale. I am not in hurry..

For this I'm offering great knives and stones I really like a lot. I think they are all collector items

_From my avatar.. the Watanabe yanagiba, special version of its Kintaro Ame in white steel with contact saya.
Never used. Very sturdy knife.
Finished on Ohira Suita and very hard uchigumori finger stones. Very uniform polish and extremely sharp.
BTW the grind is perfect. :thumbsup:
Handle and saya have been treated with linseed oil.

picupload

Bilder hochladen

foto upload

_deba 140 Watanabe special serie in White steel, keyaki handle and contact saya.

Never used. Very sturdy knife.
Finish is almost mirror and uchigumori.
Finished on Ohira Suita and very hard uchigumori finger stones. Perfect uniform polish and extremely sharp.
BTW the grind is top :thumbsup:
Handle and saya have been treated with linseed oil.

Ohira Suita Aka Renge
bild hochladen

Stone 1:
200*75*23mm
my favourite. the kind of incredible pattern that inspires some respect. ultimate sharpness for knives, also suitable for razors. This one is very useful but on the harder/finer side. Makes appear beautiful surface on steel, almost mirror
The line are no problem for use.

bild upload

Stone 2:
193*70*28mm
the most beautiful "suita" pattern I've ever seen. Top sharpness, very fine and useful hardness.
no lines or anything. Makes appear beautiful surface on steel

bild upload

foto hochladen

foto hochladen

Stone 3:
190*85*30
Beautiful. Almost the same as the previous one but BIG, sealed and on wooden base made specially by Shinichi Watanabe . As right hander I find the shape very practical.
Top sharpness, very fine and useful hardness. Makes appear beautiful surface on steel
no lines or anything.
Surface believable flat (flattened with AI#Diamond)
bilder uploaden

This is a surface I got in a few minutes on the deba with this stone:

bilder uploaden

I also add an Ikarashi-do.
180*55*35mm
No collector grade for this one but very useful medium/fine grit.
both sides are usable and believable flat (flattened with AI#Diamond)
no lines or anything.
Kostenloses Bilderhosting

That combination of KU and Kintaro Ame on the Watanabe just blew my mind.

sweet baby jesus that yanagi and second ohira the rest are awesome too

Yes the yanagi is a beautiful piece, full of character. And so easy to maintain because of the KU and the perfect grind.
The deba is great too, very useful size for "common" fishes people prepares at home.

For some reasons, the esthetic of the stone 1. stays my favorite. The colors with the lines are so beautiful in real.

..Except the Ikarashi-do, I could keep them all and let them sleep my whole life in a drawer without using them, that wouldn't make me sad in any way.

Yeah, man.... I haven't had much of an itch to jump into naturals, but seeing stones like that makes me question a lot of things. Out of curiosity, what would stone #2 retail for if you found it for sale today?

@Factotum.... And be careful. Once you thread the path of JNats there is no turning back and got will be trapped forever..... Muhahahahahaha 😁

You could always pick up that Kato yanagi, that's pretty deep into unicorn territory. Plus we get to look at the Polish job after the fact. :)

$900 for the yanagi
$1000 for the stone #2
stone #1 reserved
deba retracted

but I'm principally looking for trades (not only honyaki) so I'm waiting for your best offers on pm 🤗i

I have a brand new Konosuke Fujiyama Honyaki W3 Fuguhiki Yanagiba 300mm (no handle) that I am selling.
This is a very rare blade.
Please PM if interested.

ml6tqc.jpg

21or9xc.jpg

5d417b.jpg

6dvd5d.jpg

Latest posts

Back