Anybody eat instant Ramen?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that a bowl of instant ramen is my go to for a quick lunch. I like the Myojo brand from Tokyo. Anybody else have a favorite brand I need to try?

Here are some pictures of my instant ramen lunch yesterday.

fNwxW.St.117.jpg

12uMNF.St.117.jpg

jENVe.St.117.jpg

Rek5t.St.117.jpg

1aFRiB.St.117.jpg

17AP4L.St.117.jpg

More pics here.

I do a eat quite a bit of ramen, but not from little bowls like that. I boil it, cool it, season with sesame oil, then toss it in with stir-fry. YOUR dish looks incredibly tasty. Would love a bowl of that about now.

When I read the thread title I thought to myself, "Not if I don't have too." After seeing these pics, I think I've been missing out on something.

Been living on the stuff lately, like your pic I add alot of goodies to it. Seared mushrooms, fresh ginger, what ever meat is in the fridge, and scalions, that is a base for just about all my raman dishes. Ichibon (sp) is my favorite but have for the past few months been better the case from costco... not nearly as good but a quarter the price...

Either you used am egg slicer (and I commend you), or you did a hell of a job cutting that egg. I love Ramen.

I love your pictures man. You could make a corn dog look sexy.

As for ramen, I haven't eaten it since I was in the army, but your ramen looks way better.

k.

Either you used am egg slicer (and I commend you), or you did a hell of a job cutting that egg. I love Ramen.

Yep, used an egg slicer. I like egg slices on top of my Ramen so I keep a bag oh hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator.

Saw this post and decided to have some instant ramen for lunch, still don't really like it, but I have a hard time eating any processed food. I started with maruchan chicken flavor, added a bit of a mild akamiso, snow peas, scallions, splash of shoyu, perhaps something else I can't remember; it was alright, but the noodle texture is the main issue for me.

Saw this post and decided to have some instant ramen for lunch, still don't really like it, but I have a hard time eating any processed food. I started with maruchan chicken flavor, added a bit of a mild akamiso, snow peas, scallions, splash of shoyu, perhaps something else I can't remember; it was alright, but the noodle texture is the main issue for me.

You might try the Myojo brand that I use. (I have a link in the story I posted). The noodle texture has a nice spring to it.

Dang, Myojo brand is 6x more expensive than what Maruchan noodles go for. Now granted we're talking $0.50 per package for Maruchan versus about $3 for the Myojo brand which is a big difference in price but we're not talking about a lot of money. So is there really that much difference in the taste and texture of these two noodles?

Well I'm going to find out because I just placed an order through Amazon.

The larger Asian markets in my area carries them for around $2.00. But sometimes I find it easier just to order from Amazon, especially with my Prime shipping.

I don't much care for it, but I have eaten it. It is my wife's favorite midnight snack. The kids like it too, especially the little one. This may be because of the taboo factor-my wife gets upset if she desires it and there is none in the cupboard.
These are all marachuan and at the local market they are .29 and occasionally 5/$1.00
Del

Well, my order arrived today, got to love Amazon Prime, and Myojo noodles are better than the Marachuan version. 6x better? Well that's an individual call but I do like them better.

Mmhh, I will have to look around in Chinatown. The way things are going right now, I may eat lots of them until the end of the year.

Stefan

I have shopped some ramen bowls at some of the local groceries that cater to the SE Asian community around here, and the selection is amazing, however the sodium levels are even more amazing. I saw one bowl that had over 4000 mg of sodium! Eat one every 2 days and nothing else and you would be fine!

while i quite like "real" ramen, i can't eat the instant kind, due to far too many consumed at University.

Don't eat them, too much sodium in a bowl of instant noodles at about 2x RDA.

I remember these things! Lived off them first year university! Then sodium levels got dangerously high and I got super sick!

Doctor's cure: no more instant noodle for you!

Would love to have some spicy noodle right about now!

To skip the sodium, toss the flavor packet in the trash. Grab stuff from your spice cabinet and use a low sodium stock of some sort.

Just ordered me some more Ramen from Amazon. With the Texas Rangers in the World Series it has been pretty busy at the paper. They finally got some more of the oriantal salt flavor in that is one of my favorites. I'll check the sodium content when it comes in, but I don't hold out much hope with the name.

I am addicted to salt. Every time I pass through my kitchen, I take a pinch of kosher out of it's dish and eat it. Instant Ramen is bland, needs more salt. ;)

Freak. What kind of person does this? Clearly you shouldn't eat straight kosher salt.

I prefer Maldon's sea salt instead.

Latest posts

Back