• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

unused 155mm catcheside petty damascus sanmai blue#2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
Hurts me to sell this but due to my recent stone purchases(wife found out) I am forced to sell this awesome knife. Recently got it from a trade. Has an awesome profile and concave grind. Enough knuckle clearance for board work at least for my hands. Beautiful handle with mammoth spacer forgot what wood but will look it up later.
Was priced at around 550£. Looking to get 700 USD including PayPal fees and shipping anywhere w/ tracking. Or we can talk about your best price. No trades this time folks.

More info from makers thread and link to more pics. A Stainless damascus 155mm Petty. This is an 80 layer per side damascus in 304L and 430 stainless with a random forged ladder effect. The core is high carbon in blue paper 2 @ 62 hrc. To keep the carbon in the core there is a layer of pure Nickel, you can see it is very slightly yellowish compared to the stainless.
The handle is Stabilized Walnut, Mammoth spacer and a bog oak ferrule.
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/4349-Catcheside-Cutlery-Picture-Gallery/page9

The nickel layer is great, an often underused trick of halting carbon migration through to the cladding steels. Very pretty knife, good luck.

I keep coming back to look at this one. Someone please buy it soon.

I just saw it in the new knife thread and was wondering if this was the same knife before clicking through here. Beautiful knife and GLWS!

P.s. Have your new purchases shipped to work address next time. :laugh:

I just saw it in the new knife thread and was wondering if this was the same knife before clicking through here. Beautiful knife and GLWS!

P.s. Have your new purchases shipped to work address next time. :laugh:

It's actually because of PayPal email notifications hahaha. Notification came up on my phone

Why are all those beautiful knives located outside the EU? :scratchhead:

price drop 680 USD all in includes shipping+paypal fees
if you're within australia 630 usd all in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back