D. Martell Boardwax Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
P1010003_zps4rzwjktz.jpg

Description

100% Pure Beeswax & Food Grade Mineral Oil Mix

This "cutting board & knife handle wax" is a custom blend of 100% pure beeswax (purchased from local Amish folks) and food grade mineral oil. It's made by us so we know exactly what's in the mix - no additives - just beeswax and mineral oil.

Uses: Wood cutting boards/butcher blocks, wood bowls, wooden utensils, knife blocks, wood knife racks, & knife handles.

Directions: Apply liberally using a lint free towel - allow to soak - wipe off excess. Repeat when wood appears dry. Initial application may require multiple coats.

Pricing

Large - 16oz - $17.00

Small - 8oz - $9.00

Shipping

Prices DO NOT INCLUDE shipping!
(USPS Priority Mail will be used)

Please don't ask for shipping quotes :scared4:

Order Fulfillment

Orders will not ship until the end of the sale. This is because I'm making only the amount of boardwax that is ordered.

To Purchase

If you're interested just shoot me a PM along with your zip code and Paypal email address and I'll follow by sending you a PP invoice.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave I am checking with friends and may order a few - if anyone from Germany is also interested I may do a small group order :)

What would you say is the yield for either side? Guess in number of "coats/treatments" for an 18" board

I'm going to say more than a few and less than a bunch. You stumped me with that one Anton. :D

Dave, could you please let us know what is the brutto weight of the two different sizes (including the jars)?

This stuff is the bee's knees. Bad pun intended. Anton - I've found that it will last until you need more.

If I didn't already have an overabundance of board butter I'd be sending a PM…

One question on behalf of international customers… is USPS first class package international also an option for shipping? I've found it usually costs quite a bit less than USPS priority mail international and still includes tracking/insurance and is often just as fast, at least to Canada. Doesn't work for heavier packages or longer/larger shipping dimensions, but boxes of the size required for board butter may be viable.

If I didn't already have an overabundance of board butter I'd be sending a PM…

One question on behalf of international customers… is USPS first class package international also an option for shipping? I've found it usually costs quite a bit less than USPS priority mail international and still includes tracking/insurance and is often just as fast, at least to Canada. Doesn't work for heavier packages or longer/larger shipping dimensions, but boxes of the size required for board butter may be viable.

I don't offer first class mail for two reasons:

1. I don't have boxes. Priority Mail boxes are free.

2. I can't get a pick up of this level mail. I live over 1/2 hr one way to a post office.

Thanks for the query though T, I appreciate the suggestion.

I don't offer first class mail for two reasons:

1. I don't have boxes. Priority Mail boxes are free.

2. I can't get a pick up of this level mail. I live over 1/2 hr one way to a post office.

Thanks for the query though T, I appreciate the suggestion.

I stand corrected....

They will pick up First Class but I can't print First Class through USPS. I suppose that they're might be another shipping service that will allow that but I never looked into it. The boxes are still an issue regardless though.

Grrr damn shipping. Scrap that again just realised our customs are PIAs and would probably good it up and don't want it to hold up that prettiness.... guess I'll just have to be happy with a sharpie play thing. :p:sly::eek:

Grrr damn shipping. Scrap that again just realised our customs are PIAs and would probably good it up and don't want it to hold up that prettiness.... guess I'll just have to be happy with a sharpie play thing. :p:sly::eek:

No problem, completely understandable.

This is really coming along nicely, I've got a lot more orders than expected. :doublethumbsup:

As long as it doesn't take you away from grinding steel and wood :D:sly:

As long as it doesn't take you away from grinding steel and wood :D:sly:

:yeahthat:

BTW Alex, did I tell you that your knife was already ground? I can't remember if I did or not but anyway, yeah it's ground and the wood is mounted. :)

OK folks, this is last call, I'm getting ready to make the stuff and get it shipped out. If you're going to order, or still need to pay your invoice, now is the final chance until next time. :thumbsup:

I would love some too but I think customs would be a problem especially when it's beeswax and our bees are protected.

I deals with quarantine/customs for work daily and they and they are a pain.

Back