Sourcing handles...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You may have seen my WTB, I'm trying to find a classic octagonal ebony handle with a blonde ferrule.
I've emailed both Koki and japanesechefknives, who says there's a long wait on them from his sources and he can't sell me just the handle, and also Takeshi at Aframes, who would only fit a handle himself and wouldn't sell me the handle alone.

Any ideas of where else I can try and find one?

Cheers kkf

Try Japanese Knife Imports (USA) and Knives and Stones (AUS).

You may have seen my WTB, I'm trying to find a classic octagonal ebony handle with a blonde ferrule.
I've emailed both Koki and japanesechefknives, who says there's a long wait on them from his sources and he can't sell me just the handle, and also Takeshi at Aframes, who would only fit a handle himself and wouldn't sell me the handle alone.

Any ideas of where else I can try and find one?

Cheers kkf

Cleancut sells handles.
Not octagonal, nor have blonde ferrule, but still nice and functional.
You can still ask Anton (the man from st. Petersburg :)), Dan (he makes the handles for Maxim), James (knives and stones),...

Dictum has some stuff. Under wood products

Epicurean Edge in WA sells nice pre-made ebony handles, but I do not believe they have any with blond horn.

Someone said Tosho sells some handles out of Ontario (and there are some on his website), but I have not bought from him.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Blair

Epicurean Edge in WA sells nice pre-made ebony handles, but I do not believe they have any with blond horn.

Someone said Tosho sells some handles out of Ontario (and there are some on his website), but I have not bought from him.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Blair
mostly unrelated, but Tosho is owned by Ivan and Olivia, but seeing how ivan is in japan, you would be buying from her not him... and "them" would be most accurate, as they have employees ;) Just giving some props to the women in our industry :)

mostly unrelated, but Tosho is owned by Ivan and Olivia, but seeing how ivan is in japan, you would be buying from her not him... and "them" would be most accurate, as they have employees ;) Just giving some props to the women in our industry :)

Never knew this...I thought Tosho was the name of the owner...lol!

Cheers,
Blair

tosho (刀匠) translates to something like swordsman... its a word used to describe people working in the making of katana

Yeah, Olivia Go, one of the co-owners of Tosho is awesome- she's been super helpful anytime I've spoken with her. I've had a couple handle installs done by them, as well as have bought a stand-alone handle, all with great communication and timelines.

Not to say Jon and JKI isn't awesome too ;)

Yeah, Olivia Go, one of the co-owners of Tosho is awesome- she's been super helpful anytime I've spoken with her. I've had a couple handle installs done by them, as as have bought a stand-alone handle, all with great communication and timelines.

Not to say Jon and Sara and JKI aren't awesome too ;)

Fixed that for ya. :cool2: Got some black tissue paper coming my way. If the wrapping is exquisite I'll know who.

Back