Headed up to the Olympic Peninsula for a week / May 17-23

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Headed up to drive around the Olympic Peninsula are to check things out next Month. Any ideas on where to eat / check out would be great (going more to check out the are than eat so no biggie). Haven't searched the forum for any old links but will do that next.

Will likely be in Seattle the night before we leave so if there is some place there that would be great - seafood would be ideal but open to all. Might take the ferry over to Victoria as well but not a whole lot of time so TBD.

Thx,

Tom

Flying in and out of Seattle? Make a stop in port Townsend to walk the dock, usually quite a few cool wooden boats around. The elwha dam removal is quite a cool story, you can go check out the habitat restoration there. Olympic hot springs is a long hike but a really great spring. Ruby beach and hoh rainforest are short easy beautiful hikes.the bays around cape flattery are stunning. Bring good waterproof gear (boots, pants, jacket, baselayers) and towels. Have fun! Food in Seattle is plentiful, walrus & the carpenter, Sitka and spruce, il corvo, joule, nirmals, kashiba, le pichet...

Hurricane Ridge. Hoh Rain Forest. Rialto Beach.

I'll second the rain gear comment. Its always wet on the peninsula but we are setting new records for rain fall this year. I'm getting real tired of being wet.

Thx All - Victoria just feels like a stretch so probably won't with such a short time frame (thx for the info Noodle!). Understand the wet(ness) and prepared for it so thx for the heads up. We have friends in Vancouver that we owe a visit later in the year so will likely defer that until then ...

Will definitely check out all the suggestions but Walrus & the Carpenter were already popping up so thx for the rest (pleue) I want to stop by ChefSteps and the Market of course to check that area. The ChefSteps restaurant guide to Seattle had a cool place that just popped out to me called Poppy so might check that out (sort of a NW meets Indian for Thali style) but there certainly looks like great food abounds.

Much appreciate all the input!

Tom

I work at RockCreek Seafood and Spirits (well I did, I'm on a holiday in Thailand at the moment) great place for a seafood meal, and I'm not just saying that. Taylor Shellfish is also great for oysters and raw. Hama Hama Oyster Co. Would be really cool too if you have the time. If there are other styles of resturant you'd like to try let me know. I'm full of reccomendations

If there is one place you HAVE to eat I'd say Eden Hill, but maybe make a reservation now

Back