Where to buy vintage knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLimpWhisk

Reaction score
Title says it all really, I'm based in the UK and looking to buys some vintage (carbon prefered) knives to use as a bit of a project knife and restore, so old and rust is no problem. Anything that I can spend some time on will be great.

Thanks guys, all suggestions appreciated.

Nick

Sabatier-shop.com have some old stock carbons at the moment.

Lars

Obviously ebay. Bernal Cutlery often has some vintage, but they are already tuned up by them and the price reflects that.

Yeah wanted something more rough to work on. Been looking for antiques markets, dont think theyre that great in the uk, but cant harm to look. Also, all of the carr boot sales and markets as such are usually all sundays, and I can't remember thr last sunday I got off

i found shopping for vintage kitchen knives more of a quest than shopping spree.

i just kinda kept my eye out for them. less aggressive shopping, more passive..just keeping aware. i found them at estate sales, antique shops, swap meets, friends junk drawers, and even knife sharpener guys. it will blow you away, what that guy driving a van around to farmer's markets in a van offering sharpening services has in his junk box.

Not too rough, restored English and American 1800's stag handle carving sets. Got them off E-Bay. Looked for blades with little wear some of these older blades have been sharpened to oblivion. Patina is ok but heavy rust not, pitting does not look so good when knives are polished up. Thing is if you know what you are looking for you can find the better blades.

Latest posts

Back