Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst burns or cuts you have ever had?

Worst burns or cuts you have ever had?

I wanna hear some stories of the worst burns and cuts you have ever had(from the kitchen)!

how about while buffing a knife out?
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Quote Originally Posted by tgraypots View Post
    how about while buffing a knife out?
    I think I saw that on your blog, you stabbed your hand right?

kinda.....the buffing belt broke and threw the knife into my hand.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Thats crazy! I have managed to avoid any lasting kitchen injury. Seriously, no big cuts to speak of.

Engorged Member
    I've burned myself so many times I can hardly count. Instead of war stories I'd like to highly recommend Silvadone. A must have in any pro kitchen.

4" slice across my left palm from the spine of a new house knife, should have gotten stitches but it stuck together eventually.

I had a new server once, who did not compain about anything, one of the hardest workers I have ever seen. I took some plates from the expo line and and gave them to her to deliver. Later on I noticed her in the break room crying...I approached her to see what was wrong and noticed severe burns on her forearms from where the plates had rested while she delivered the food. She kept her composure, delivered the food all the while getting burned. I felt like a complete jerk. (servers usually just cussed at me when they were too hot.)

On Saturday, i went to move a chicken breast frying in plugra butter in a small cast iron crock from the stove to the oven, somehow slipped from my tongs - ugh - and poured 5 oz of 400 degree brown butter on my left hand - its a bad scene. So, um where can i get Silvadene?

Nothing too serious for me, only had to go to hospital once. I was peeling a really big turnip and rather stupidly I was peeling it like it was a giant potato if you can visualise that. This was a very hard turnip so it took quite a lot of force with the paring knife to peel it Unfortunately for me I didn't realise there was a big mushy bit at one side so the knife went straight through it into my thumb. Had about a 4 inch long cut the whole way down my thumb. That was the worst one I think