Quantcast
Worst burns or cuts you have ever had? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst burns or cuts you have ever had?

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I was sharpening my knife when a server reached into my cooler, were they apparently had their &%^$ing lunch and hit my elbow with the door, which in turn cut off my right hand pinky at the first joint. I turned around and started screaming at him for being on the line,while at the same time waving my hand at him and covering him with blood. He ran screaming from the restaurant and we never saw him again. Apparently it was Ramadan and he was breaking his fast, when I the catholic covered him in unclean infidel blood. I didn't know. I was just pissed he was on my line and cut my finger off. He was there for 8 years. went to the emergency room after I got the rush done. about an hour later. Had a beautiful Spanish doctor sewed my finger back on and life was good.
    Seven years later I was working on Thanksgiving day and cut off the first joint of my middle finger using a dull, filthy serrated house knife while cutting a bagel of all things. I went to a different emergency room across town and the same beautiful Spanish doctor was there and this time she also used some sort of glue to hold the flesh on. and life was good. She did tell me to get out of this business or it was going to kill me. little did she know a couple of years later it actually did.
    I like your story the best. By far.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    I like your story the best. By far.
    thanks. life can be funny sometimes.

Was that at St. Vinny's?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

A little update to this from me today. I work in a small kitchen and I was trying to get past someone to get into the oven and unfortunately I knocked my 240 Watanabe gyuto off the bench. Even more unfortunately, it landed on my ankle. Thought it was the spine that hit me but then I noticed my sock was red and had a big hole in it. Basically got a 2cm cut right on my ankle bone. Sore as hell and bleeds like a mofo whenever I move my ankle at all. Funny thing is, the knife is fine!

Thank goodness the knife is all right! Your ankle can heal itself, eventually!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Was that at St. Vinny's?
    beth isreal first time and columbia second time