Meteorite Damascus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eaglewood

Reaction score
I have been talking with Del about making a meteorite Damascus knife for my fiance's boss. Well as the talks progressed, I decided I wanted one for myself too!!. So I got a meteorite and cut some off of it, sent it to Del and he will forge me a meteorite Damascus knife. I wil be getting a kitchen knife for mine, forgive me as I dont know the correct terminology for the style he will be making for me. He will also be making a smaller camp-hunting style knife for my friend.
I am so very excited. I sent him two types of meteorite also-- some Campo and some Semchan.
Im soo excited to know that I will have a custom knife that is a one of a kind for sure.
Thanks Del!!!

Knowing Del, when he gets finished with your knives, they'll be out of this world.

Out of this world-good.
Well part of it anyway. Yes I havn't made some meteorite damascus in a year or two, but no worries there. It will be fun.
Del

you beat me to it! I was just this week looking into getting some Campo di ceilo for a future suji project that I was going to talk to Randy about. Great minds think alike.lol
Guess that happens when you have your head in the clouds.

That is rad. There are theories that some of the swords in Celtic legend that were "sent from the sky" were in fact made from metorites and contained nickel, making them unusually tough! Crazy.

I'd love to have something made from meteor steel

if anyone needs some of this meteorite, let me know-- I have a 55lb one!!!! Im always up for some bartering.

Eaglewood- man thats awesome meteorite damascus is so cool!

Meteorite damascus tasting spoon????

meteorite damascus beer opener... at least it's something my friends wouldn't get uncomfortable about when I start showing it off (no taking a few steps back)

I had one guy ask me if it was radioactive-- told him we would know if he started glowing!!!

Back