Thread: Uploading images from your computer

Uploading images from your computer

OK, so I just became a supporting member and I'm supposed to be able to upload images directly from my computer.

However, I can't figure out how to do this without using an image hosting service.

The "insert image" icon that I see, asks for a URL which seems to indicate that said hosting service is required.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    OK, so I just became a supporting member and I'm supposed to be able to upload images directly from my computer.

However, I can't figure out how to do this without using an image hosting service.

The "insert image" icon that I see, asks for a URL which seems to indicate that said hosting service is required.

Help?
    i have the same problem, I have no idea what i'm doing and I don't even know how I got the pictures I got up there in the first place. the url thing is weird, why can't i just attach a picture straight from my computer, like an email attachment.

Go Advanced
    Manage Attachments
    Add files
    Select files
    Upload files
    Insert Inline

Even though this is a benefit for a supporting member, I don't use it (much). The space isn't that great, and once it is filled you can't really use it anymore without deleting an image that will affect a past post. And I hate when I find an old post with an unavailable photo. I upload my photos to the place I feel is most established and will stay around the longest. Right now that is my hosting service, but I may switch to photobucket in the future.

I would recommend uploading to what will stay around.

k.
    "What happened to those other underpants you had?" -- Flight of the Conchords

I use photobucket and really like it.
    When I was seeing others with deleted photos and such it would annoy me so I signed up for the pro account.
    I don't remember the cost but it was really cheap.
    Now I have unlimited storage for photos and videos. Still learning the video stuff though.
    I thought it will be a good alternative to Youtube. Being able to post a video with no advertising or other videos.

In a nutshell
    Photo Bucket Pro Account;
    cheap
    easy to use
    unlimited storage
    no down time or lost images
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Thanks for the help, guys. I think I might go back to photobucket even though they charge now.

I use dropbox, it's easy, free and gives a reasonable amount of storage. You can use it as a file location for anything as well so is useful for having files available from anywhere. Only thing that isn't great is the security, but if it's just for forum photos that doesn't matter as you're broadcasting the files.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Even though this is a benefit for a supporting member, I don't use it (much). The space isn't that great, and once it is filled you can't really use it anymore without deleting an image that will affect a past post.

I just made a change to this to allow supporting members unlimited image uploads.