New guy from Bulgaria

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt40

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Decided to register after I have been lurking for a while.

I am database programmer from Sofia, Bulgaria and a hobby cook. I found kkf after browsing reddit's culinary. Since then I am quite regular here, been very impressed with your community and knowledge.

Currently using German made Solicut chef's knife. Don't have a Japanese knife yet, but already have favorite some gyuotos (Kramer Essential and Meiji, Tojiro SG, Misono 440).
After acquiring some basic knowledge over here, decided to first get a set of stones and learn how to sharpen. Will get a proper knife only when I am sure I won't ruin it sharpening it.

Well, see you around!

Hello guys,

Decided to register after I have been lurking for a while.

I am database programmer from Sofia, Bulgaria and a hobby cook. I found kkf after browsing reddit's culinary. Since then I am quite regular here, been very impressed with your community and knowledge.

Currently using German made Solicut chef's knife. Don't have a Japanese knife yet, but already have favorite some gyuotos (Kramer Essential and Meiji, Tojiro SG, Misono 440).
After acquiring some basic knowledge over here, decided to first get a set of stones and learn how to sharpen. Will get a proper knife only when I am sure I won't ruin it sharpening it.

Well, see you around!

Welcome.

You'll have to try hard to 'ruin' a knife by sharpening. Don't be afraid of rubbing steel on a stone, get a carbon knife and dive right in!

Back