info on YourTogiya.com shop ??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SharpWheels

Reaction score
On a wide search for a Jnats I stumbled onto this site, Yourtogiya.com and was wandering if anybody has treated with it and if they have a good reputation?
They seems to have some good little handy hones (Nakayama Maruichi) for a straight razor. But the prices are quite appealing, thus my doubt.

Thanks

I keep an eye on him on Instagram and he did a giveaway or two where the recipients of the stones seemed pretty happy.

I keep an eye on him on Instagram and he did a giveaway or two where the recipients of the stones seemed pretty happy.

Thanks Badgertooth,
I did get in touch with them.
They mentioned being wholesale retailer based in Russia whom treats directly with Japan.
They offer free shipping and told me free return warranty can be provided in case the stone doesn't correspond to expectations or quality (not mentioned on webpage).
The pictures looks quite shiny, probably a lacquer on them.
They specifically mentioned that they don't try the stones or tests them, only trust the providers and their expertise.
I'm still in doubt to make business through their shop, from so few info provided and the correspondence we exchanged. But also the extreme low prices puts me off.

Unless someone who has treated with them can speak up!
I'll stick with trusted and experienced sellers ... JNS, japan-messer-shop, japanische-kochmesser,... (I'm Euro based)

The stuff he seems to be getting is, interestingly enough, not available at any of the retailers I speak to or woodworkers/knife guys I know in Japan. Either that or they're being tightlipped about it. Most of the people I talk to show me their incredible collections and have been very helpful when finding stones or knives that I'm looking for.

With that said, I've asked friends specifically about his Yamashiro stones with the bright blue stamps and none of them have ever seen them. Makes me think that he has a dealer that's specifically stamping for him to let them perpetuate the story of them being stamped by a "temple monk" or however it goes.

As far as the Nakayama Maruichi. I've owned many of these stones in the past but there is very little information about the authenticity of the stamps. They've all been top notch razor stones but none were what I'd look for in knife or tool stones. There's a story about a previous owner and a Hatanaka connection that's convoluted and impossible to trace in English. The only other two places that sell the maruichi that I've seen are japan-tool and JNS.

Either way, his access to iromono stones has me drooling.

And there's no great secret to Yamashiro stones - That's 330mate's stamp

Back