• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

220 Moritaka blue#2 cleaver w/ saya and stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff_nocon

Reaction score
Tried to sell this before but retracted and wanted to give it another try still not a cleaver guy. I have removed most of the low spots so its easier to polish/sharpen and just recently polished sides with an ohira renge suita no fingerstones, you could see that the finish is pretty even so i can confirm that there are no grind problems on this. Its blue#2 and comes with a saya according to prev owner was made by marko when he was still not making knives. It has a slight curve not completely flat which in my opinion is a better profile for cleavers.

330 usd all in including shipping and paypal fees

Next is a cool looking hakka. Harder than your normal hakka probably around 3 in jns hardness scale but creates nice slurry and more refined polish and nice refined but toothy edge. Got it from a trade but no idea how much its worth ill throw in a number but we can negotiate

350 usd all in paypal and shipping included
185x65x30

Next is one of my favs a shoboudani also aquired from a trade. Dont know what layer but produces nice kasumi finish easily. probably around 3-3.5 in jns hardness scale easy stone to use not much streaking. Dont mind keeping this stone if it doesnt sell just not getting any action lately because of my ohira renge suita. Hard to resist those pesky renges when picking out a stone to use. Also dont know how much its worh will throw ina number and we can negotiate.

420 all in including shipping plus paypal
Good size 206x77x30

I'm looking at cleavers and nakiris for a friend. What a
Is the height? Thickness of spine? Choil shot pls.

Spine thickness is 4mm near handle then tapers down to 1.5mm midway 1-1.5mm at the tip

That Hakka should fly & I can vouch for the Kasumi properties of the Shoboudani, it leaves a beautiful contrast. I'm not sure of the strata but the colour is ikimurasaki which means purple and here is a shot of the mud range with different amounts of time spent from left to right. You'll see it goes from a yellow through green through black. $420 is fair value

willing to trade 1 stone + cleaver to your toyama damascus or kintaro ame watanabe gyuto depending on condition or other damascus gyutos for fingerstone projects. might throw in the second stone if its really good lets say a Kato KU or whatevs

will sell cleaver for 250, hakka 300 shoboudani 360 if you buy at least 2 of the 3 items or all

650 USD everything if you buy all. paypal fees shipping included with tracking anywhere

How's edge retention on that Moritaka cleaver?

havent used it in a pro environment but never really needed to sharpen it when i got it. only reasoned i sharpened it is to remove low spots and polish. used t about 6 times(home use) only sharpened once. then resharpened/polished when i wanted to sell it

Back