I got my Dragonslayers from Randy yesterday

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1844&d=1317485621

I recieved my Damascus set from Randy and Randy Jr. yesterday and I think I am in love all over again. They are exceptional in every sense of the word. The fit and finish is awesome. The ironwood handles are stunning, he truly is a burl junkie. They are so smooth and have such substantial weight to them even though they are fairly slender.
Randy Jr. did a wonderful job on the Damascus. When they first showed me the Reverb pattern for my knives I was a little skeptical, I wanted feather pattern, but I have learned to trust the instincts of the craftsman I work with and in this case it was dead on. I can feel the pattern when I'm cutting it isn't much, kinda of a gritty toothiness that gets the job done. When I first looked at the blade I had a similar reaction to Salty, I thought everything was going to stick and nothing did. It just kept cutting and cutting with no issues. I used it for about 8 hours yesterday and another 14 today with out once going to the hones. It still shaves the hair right off my arms.
I love the gyuto, but the slicer may actually be my new favorite knife. I had it patterned after a 50 year old eskilstuna slicing knife from Sweden. Tried and true design. It was perfect then and still is now. I cut proteins all day without a hitch.
I have not had the chance to use either of the paring knives yet, but I am fondling one right now.
The knives came in a rather cool over engineered leather case. I am going to scuff it up and dip it into some neats foot oil and soften it up a little bit and give it the that lived in look.
for everyday line use I have a new home for three of my knives compliments of Chef Niloc. A butcher belt sheathe that I will actually wear bandoleer style.
In short if you want something unique and beautiful these guys are the guys to do it.

damascus home5.jpg

damascus home6.jpg

damascus home4.jpg

damascus home3.jpg

damascus home1.jpg

damascus home2.jpg

All this cool new gear, you seriously need a better camera! Or I will just have to drop in again.

It is a new camera, i just have ****** lighting and I don't know how to use the damn thing. I never could take good pictures. I need lessons

They are coming out small on my side. 373 x 280ish. Are you shrinking them down or having a program resize them for you?

i'll mess with it in a couple of days and see if I can fix it. I need to read the manual.

Same size. You might have to select a different size of photo to take on the camera itself.

That might be it, I think it may have a thumbnail setting and that maybe what it is set to.

Well I'm just looking at the pics on my iPod right now, so they're way small regardless, but those knives do look really striking. That sheath is mega cool too!

Awesome news. Glad to hear they arrived safe and sound.. And even more pleased to hear you are happy with them. Please continue to let us know how they preform and stuff like edge retention etc is invaluable info..

Thanks Son, I look forward to working with you again on the next project, Some VERY exciting stuff for sure!!

God Bless YA!
Randy

I don't have to see the pictures. Hehe. I really liked the suji.

That's a beautiful set of blades you scored, I was luck enough to handle them:thumbsup:

damn... these look awfully dangerous to knifenuts. Makes me want to drive over to wherever they are just to see them. I like the shape of the tip on them, makes them look nasty in a very good way. Definitely knife nerd material, dragon slayers gawd...

The knives came in a rather cool over engineered leather case. I am going to scuff it up and dip it into some neats foot oil and soften it up a little bit and give it the that lived in look.
for everyday line use I have a new home for three of my knives compliments of Chef Niloc. A butcher belt sheathe that I will actually wear bandoleer style.

Soon you will need a Gangs of New York avatar just like Chef Niloc

damn... these look awfully dangerous to knifenuts. Makes me want to drive over to wherever they are just to see them. I like the shape of the tip on them, makes them look nasty in a very good way. Definitely knife nerd material, dragon slayers gawd...

more then welcome to come by and yes nasty looking in a good way.

Back