Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some resolution of outstanding Honu Mana work

Administrator

Some resolution of outstanding Honu Mana work

Most of our members know a part of the story here; for reasons unknown Mike has walked away from the forum and has left some unfinished work on the table. I doubt any of us know why. My interactions with Mike were always very professional and his work was highly regarded. Whatever his reasons I hope he and his family are well and at some point he will return here.

One of our members, Icanhaschzbrgr (Anton) has generously offered to fulfill Mike's "paid for" orders. The Admin team is aware of Tanner's outstanding work. Pls post here or pm me if any other members have outstanding, pre-paid work. Anton has agreed that when the scope of the work is established. he'll develop a way forward that hopefully will satisfy all parties. It should be noted (and applauded} that Anton has made this offer to fulfill orders without any additional cost to the members.

Any member that had commissioned work from Mike but did not pre-pay or otherwise go out of pocket is welcome to contact Anton through pm about him performing work in lieu of Mike. This would of course be outside the scope of Anton's offer.

KKF's role in this will be to facilitate members "getting well". The forum cannot be responsible for any outcomes.

We will insist that this thread be used only to determine the scope of outstanding work with Mike. Any off topic discussion will be censored immediately and without further discussion. (Though you are welcome to join me in thanking Anton for his generosity.)

Thanks Anton for making this one of the greatest places on the web!

Older and wider..

The mark of an outstanding professional is to not only to right his mistakes, but protect the reputation of his craft as well.

Well done Anton.

Wow. That's really incredible. Both from a 'fostering community' stand point, and the insane generosity involved by Anton.

This place rocks.

Anton is a great guy, and this speaks volumes of his character and love for the community. Bravo!
    And I know he has done something that could be considered along this lines recently too so double bravo!

Somehow I missed this thread yesterday… I am affected by this and will contact Anton either thru KKF or IG, he may very well have some additional paid work too

I am grateful for the support of KKF and the mod/admin team for their efforts to resolve this. I know that what happened is technically between Mikey and myself, but it's where we shine as a community when we can come together to see the shades of grey and come up with a solution.
    "A dull knife means you're a ******* loser" – Matty Matheson

So close to NYC I would say NYC ... but don't tell a native New Yorker!
    Outstanding Anton! I can only say that his handles are very well done. I have one of his in Japanese cedar that is not only beautiful but smells oooooh soooo nice!

Great effort! I assume Anton will provide the labor for free but won't be responsible for the material. Should this resolution goes ahead, I will be more than happy to help, within my capacity, by donating the horn material that Anton needs.

WWW.KNIVESANDSTONES.COM
    Youtube Channel,Instagram
    gtalk: knivesandstones at gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by pkjames View Post
    Great effort! I assume Anton will provide the labor for free but won't be responsible for the material. Should this resolution goes ahead, I will be more than happy to help, within my capacity, by donating the horn material that Anton needs.
    Thanks, James!
    I have some decent wood in my stash and it's going to be free of charge, but I don't have any super fancy Koa or things like that, so we gonna discuss substitutes or buy some wood.

Pretty darn cool of Anton and James.

So close to NYC I would say NYC ... but don't tell a native New Yorker!
    I have 4 pieces of wood currently with a maker (he only needs one of course). I'd happily donate those to the cause once/if I get them back. I think one is curly mango, one Spalted something and the other two I forgot.