Knives & Stones Excellent Customer Service from James on Sukenari Ginsanko

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doudou

Reaction score
Around 2 weeks ago I purchased a Sukenari 270mm Ginsanko Gyuto from James.

I was starting to use the knive just few days ago. After cut 1 patato and onion, I put them back into the box and today, I found some flaw on the first bevel which nears the choi side. it looks like the blade is going to crack but it still hold the shape.

I report to James about this case and he start to talk about the issue with Hanaki san who is the owner of Sukenari with no hesitation. Hanaki san believes that the issue attribute to the fact that the blade takes nonuniformly heat during the production.

James decides to send me a brand new 270mm gyuto after the result comes out as he believes that the promble on by Sukenari side.

It's total a superise to me as I never think about thati will get a new one. However, as a Distributor James & KNS did a very Great Job on customer service. James is a man of his words and very very a trustworthy Kitchen knive lover. I will purchase more knives from him for sure!:wink::wink:

Thanks for the report doudou. I've had great service from James but never had the need to make a warranty claim. I'm not at all surprised to hear that your warranty experience was great but it is good to get this sort of feedback.

Thanks guys! I was really impressed by hanaki-san recognized the problem and immediately offered his thoughts. It was only with supports from Japan suppliers that I am able to offer my service to you.

J.

DHL lost a 300mm Masamoto yanagiba from K&S, really just **** the bed.

James was involved from the very beginning, offering reassurance about a replacement if necessary, and even went out of his way to contact DHL personally on my behalf to help them locate my package. DHL stopped trying and gave up on Friday, there was a replacement yanagiba from James on my doorstep by Monday.

Buy with confidence.

Back