This cracked me up... job ad and response

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
http://deletethisnow.com/waffle-house/

laughed my ass off

(copied and pasted from the above link)

Original Ad: “Waffle House Looking For Night Shift Cook. Includes pay, free meals, and a positive working environment.”

ME:

Hi, I’m a very experienced chef who is interested in the position. This sounds perfect! Much appreciated – Michael Coulier

PAUL:
Thank you for your interest, Michael. What is your passed experience? – Paul Joseph, Wafflehouse GM

ME:

Paul, I’ve been a world-class chef for the last decade. My last job was at Alinea in Chicago; we were the ONLY restaurant to receive a 3-star Michelin rating, and we’ve had one EVERY year these ratings have ever been published!

PAUL:

Thats pretty impressive, but you sound overqualified for this job. Why did you leave?

ME:

Forbes magazine.

PAUL:

What did they do?

ME:

It’s what they DIDN’T do, which was give us a top Forbes Restaurant Rating for Ambience & Decor. Apparently, they had an issue with the fact we serve hollow ice cubes instead of solid, which has nothing to do with Ambience or Decor. The nerve! I have no time for dishonesty, so I left. I can tolerate anything but a LIAR.

PAUL:

What was you’re salary at the restaurant?

ME:

About $140,000 a year.

PAUL:

Im not a fan of liars either. So I don’t want to insult you or waste your time – this is a minimum wage night shift position, which pays $7.25 per hour.

ME:

Until I work it, then you’ll be begging me to take a raise!

PAUL:

Come again?

ME:

The quality of my Pecan Waffle, the personality of my smothered hashbrowns, the sheer emotion I put behind my 2-egg breakfast with sausage and biscuit is simply TO DIE FOR.

PAUL:

I’m sure your fantastic in the kitchen, we just can’t afford you.

ME:

I’m happy to work your rate. Just give me a shot, sir.

PAUL:

Can you start tonight at 8pm?

ME:

Of course. Let’s ride the gravy train!

PAUL:

Alright. I’ll send a link with directions and all the info. Do you have any questions?

ME:

Yes, who will be my Sous Chef and Line Chef?

PAUL:

We don’t really use those terms, but Randy will help you on the grill, and Shaniqua will be running out your trash.

ME:

I see. And I assume you have Gesshin Sharpening Stones?

PAUL:

I’ve never heard of those.

ME:

No problem, I’ll bring mine. How about a Cake Tester?

PAUL:

We don’t even serve cake.

ME:

You do now! The establishment must have a Victorinox Serrated 10-Inch Knife, correct?

PAUL:

We have plenty of knives.

ME:

Acceptable. A Durand Corkscrew and Zalto Bordeaux Glassware? (For wine, obviously)

PAUL:

This is a Waffle House. There is no wine.

ME:

It’s for me; I drink a ton when I cook. Please tell me my kitchen comes equipped with a Polyscience 300 Series Chamber Vacuum Sealer?

PAUL:

Again, this is Waffle House. Not even Red Lobster has that. We’re not an award-winning restuarnt! We’re a low-budget greasy spoon that caters to the poor and drunk…

ME:

Excellent point. Have you thought about using that as your ad slogan?

PAUL:

Hell, no! We’d lose business, Cant do that!
ME:

That’s because you’re a ******* LIAR.

I just had a chance to read this and it was downright hilarious

Back