Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential on BBC radio

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon_Steven

Reaction score
There are five episodes here, on the BBC's iPlayer on-demand radio service:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rfvsy

Seems to be an updated version with contemporary references.

Useful for KKF members, like me, who hear references the Kitchen Confidential from out state-side members but have little idea of what is being talked about!

Entertaining too!

Enjoy.

ps - not sure what the geographical access limitations are for the iPlayer radio... I know I've listened to it in Denmark...

I've read the 2015 "revised" edition of Kitchen Confidential. Really cool to read his little notes on how things have changed since writing the book.

Things that have changed:

He's become the whore he used to write about.

He's making a ton of money doing it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm convinced we'd all do the same should the opportunity arise...good for him and his family. The guy may not be the best chef or writer out there but to turn a mediocre (at best) cooking gig as a younger man into a full time media career is rather impressive.

He wrote a great, readable book. People threw tv show deals and money at him. I can't blame him.

I don't blame him either. Although I suspect that deep down inside he wishes he had the balls to hang with the true B.A's in the biz.

Back