• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Okudo Renge Suita, Ohira Suita, Blue Aoto, Namito Nakayama

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedtran

Banned
Reaction score
Just trying to downsize everything. These were all my favorite naturals that I have kept as I worked my Shigs and Katos. As I finally releasing the last of my Katos and Shigs I decided it is time to pass these on as well. Most of these were bought direct from Japan.

If you are also/already interested in any of the Katos/Shigs I'm selling - I'm willing to do a small discount with the stones to save shipments =)

Apologies for the terrible photo as my phone lens is cracked!

$550 for full size Okudo Renge Suita comes with a presentation box - 195 x 70 x 30

$275 for Ohira Suita (full size on surface, but it is a half thickness stone) - 180 x 75 x 12

$125 for the Namito Nakayama - great budget Nakayama and one of my first natural stones I learned on 146 x 85 x 32

$185 for Blue Aoto (probably too cheap, but this is a stone I do want someone to get use out of now that I don't) 185 x 60 x 39

Fiildr5.jpg

5nsSLI2.jpg

3im7xkl.jpg

Ohira, Blue, and Namito SOLD!

Okudo lowered to $500 (less than what I paid). If anyone is looking for an amazing stone for Kasumi/Kitaeji finishing, I would highly recommend =D

For those who haven't used Okudo suitas or mostly heard about Ohira suitas. The reason I really hunted down a Okudo was for how easy they are use for a consistent finish - softness (easier to use), speed, and amazing feedback.

Last price drop on this to $465...this is an extremely high quality stone that is one step above the stones JNS has for ~$530 and one step below the presentation box ones JNS has for ~$1500. I bought this one direct from Japan and would say if this was bought through a western vendor it would likely be $650+ - http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/search.php?search_query=okudo+suita&x=0&y=0

tgfencer ranked the Okudo suita he had as the fastest, softest, and second best feedback out of his 10 suitas.

"Okudo Suita: There is a reason okudo suita are often called the king of suitas. In fact, I might even go so far as to say I prefer them in some ways to ohiras. The sheer speed at which they cut and develop black slurry I find very satisfying and makes sharpening seem a breeze."

Some additional information on Suita showdown can be found here: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/32147-Suita-Showdown

Only have good things to say about the okudo stones I've used. While I can't speak to the exact stone on sale here, good okudo are hard to find these days and this one is a good price. GLWS!

That Okudo is tempting. May I ask what is the hardness?

Hi Matus, this one is not from JNS so it doesn't have a hardness rating. I would gander it is a 3/3.5.

This was a stone recommended to me specifically for finishing of Shigs due to its 'softness'

Bump on this as this stone needs some use/love. I paid $520 for this stone ordered from a reputable dealer in Japan, very likely this stone would have been quite a bit more from a western dealer.

Also if it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks, but any established forum members want to try an Okudo Renge Suita let me know. More than happy to send it around as long as people take care of it =)

Price: $465 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back