Nenohi Honyaki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an ikeada! I'd say better looking than all the aforementioned!

Nenohi uses several reputable makers and you'll probably get a quality knife but pay up the @ss for it. Pretty sure Yoshikasu Ikeda does some of their honyaki for instance. Korin provides more detail but it wouldn't hurt to call CA and ask who forged the blade. I'd be interested to know who did this one.

As mentioned ikeda does a ton of honyakis for them, best bet is to have a vendor order one for you special, youll save about a grand, I'm having a custom one built with full mirror polish blade, finger stone polished hamon, a handle at the level(buffalo, bone, ebony,bone, buffalo) and two saya one with painting and one standard for about half what that one sells for.

As mentioned ikeda does a ton of honyakis for them, best bet is to have a vendor order one for you special, youll save about a grand, I'm having a custom one built with full mirror polish blade, finger stone polished hamon, a handle at the level(buffalo, bone, ebony,bone, buffalo) and two saya one with painting and one standard for about half what that one sells for.

Good feedback, thanks.

Godslayer can you pm me that vendor?

I ordered mine and its a 1 year wait ) another 10 months to go.....) for Y. Ikeda-san. Another fellow member mentioned that he cld get 6 months wait time ( in the Honyaki discussions). The profiling and sharpening is to be done by Nomura-san. No mirror polish wch I will just refine the grind lines to high polish and make the hamon pop wia etching and make own handle to cut total costs (,,, meaning.. a cheap guy) by usd250 and have a fun project....

rgds z

I did see it, was going to guess Ikeda as well...

My only issue is the profile, they seem to have a higher tip, maybe its the angle of the photo... :angel2:

Latest posts

Back