On-Line Sharpening School

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KJDedge

Reaction score
It looks like a guy named Peter Nowlan (from knife planet.net) is teaming up with Jon Broida to offer a
free online sharpening course.....Dont know what the content looks like but it could be interesting to see..
theres a link to sign up for announcements, etc..

Regards All

I'm a fan of Jon Broida, but honestly an online sharpening school sounds like an online driving school.

Where most online sharpening advice falls short is somewhat objective result-testing criteria regarding sharpness, thinness, steering, and advice how to correct problems found testing...

Still wondering what the dorama with knife planet is?

Not that Wisconsin knife merchant?

Damn, catch part of a day off 2morrow and you guys have already filled my dance card.

yeah... but he's not affiliated with them... he's just a friendly guy who likes talking about sharpening wherever he can. Plus, who cares where he posts online. I really dont think that should matter so much.

Peter Nowlan, as I recall got himself banned here some time back for spamming links to his businesses. I can't look up the details any longer but if a mod searched his username it's show the skinny on what happened.

I also recall Peter being a KF Keeping Sharp contributor...similar to Ken & Tom from Jende, etc. Take that for what it's worth.

Peter Nowlan, as I recall got himself banned here some time back for spamming links to his businesses. I can't look up the details any longer but if a mod searched his username it's show the skinny on what happened.

I also recall Peter being a KF Keeping Sharp contributor...similar to Ken & Tom from Jende, etc. Take that for what it's worth.

IIRC that is not exactly what happened. Rather, the guy who started Knife Planet did, indeed, spam this forum with links and stuff and got himself banned - but that guy is not Peter Nowlan who, on the contrary, is very hesitant to talk of his (sharpening) business (which BTW only accepts orders from Canada).

Perhaps this would be a good time to re-evaluate the censoring which goes on here, it is, in my opinion, totally counter productive.

IIRC that is not exactly what happened. Rather, the guy who started Knife Planet did, indeed, spam this forum with links and stuff and got himself banned - but that guy is not Peter Nowlan who, on the contrary, is very hesitant to talk of his (sharpening) business (which BTW only accepts orders from Canada).

Perhaps this would be a good time to re-evaluate the censoring which goes on here, it is, in my opinion, totally counter productive.

Peter 100% for sure banned himself here. Take that to the bank.

BTW, who is the owner of Knife Planet . net?

Peter 100% for sure banned himself here. Take that to the bank.

Okay, will do!

And FWIW I don’t have an issue with members being banned for obvious violation of the forum rules – and that knife planet dude (and I don't have a clue about his identity) clearly overstepped the boundary. What I think is that it is, perhaps, not a very good idea to censor links to certain sites. It tends to create myths because most members don’t have a clue about what’s going on. Anyway, my two cents…

Okay, will do!

And FWIW I don’t have an issue with members being banned for obvious violation of the forum rules – and that knife planet dude (and I don't have a clue about his identity) clearly overstepped the boundary. What I think is that it is, perhaps, not a very good idea to censor links to certain sites. It tends to create myths because most members don’t have a clue about what’s going on. Anyway, my two cents…

The link censoring has been an issue, I agree. What I also know is that it's helped to keep the peace here for 6+ yrs.

This is probably a dumb question, but is Knife merchant also banned? I remember seeing a YouTube vid about them, some time back.

knifeplanet is was removed from the blocked list.

This thread is first ive heard of such. Will report.

knifeplanet is was removed from the blocked list.

And this concludes my report. Knife Planet can be reached at http://www.knifeplanet.net/

Interesting site, a little different. And how does one choose the "best" Shun????:cool2:

Peter is welcome to appeal his banned status by contacting Admin. Just gotta play by the rules.

And this concludes my report. Knife Planet can be reached at http://www.knifeplanet.net/

And what a fine conclusion. Absolutely happy with that - my intention was not to start some kind of flame war!

Interesting site, a little different. And how does one choose the "best" Shun????:cool2:
Lol :laugh:

Peter is welcome to appeal his banned status by contacting Admin. Just gotta play by the rules.

Again, very fine by me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back