Planning Tokyo Trip

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtyper

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will have about 4-5 days in Tokyo mid-December and am going to start slowly planning my trip. Obviously there are thousands of sites out there showing you places to go and things to do, but I think starting here is good since we all have a common love of knives and good food. I'd be willing to bet the % of people who love sushi is higher in cooks than in the general population.

Does anyone have any good tips to start or perhaps know of good travel guide blogs to follow or read through?

I will be travelling solo but have one good friend in Tokyo. I'm unsure of how much I'll see him though since he might be busy, so I'm just gong to plan for myself. I don't speak Japanese (I am Chinese).

Interests: knives + food
Budget: poor but I'll splurge for food as long as its not super extravagant

For sure tsukiji market will be visited. I'd like to eat lots of sushi and ramen during this trip! Typically when I travel (say to NYC) I compile a big list of restaurants I am interested in and refer back to that list depending on where I am. I have a feeling I won't be able to do such a thing in Tokyo easily so how do you choose where to go eat? Theres nothing I hate more than wasting a meal!

Also looking for tips on hotels. This hotel (more like a hostel I gather): Sakura Hotel Ikebukuro is listed for $38 a night and has excellent reviews. My friend in Chiba said I could stay in his apartment but he warned me it was a tiny apartment. I'm unsure if I should take him up on his offer or not.

Latest posts

Back