Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Upcomming Sigma II Stones Pass-Around

Fine with me.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Pabloz View Post
    If it's ok with everyone, Spike can send the stones to Eamon and I'll send Eamon the Dragon Slayers at the same time that way he can have another Christmas party. Then Eamon can send the stones to me and I'll get em back to Marko and the D/Srs can go next on the list. Will that work for everyone?
    Eamon+Dragon slayers+sigma's!!! Boy I wish I was next on the list for the dragon's

Redemption

These stones are off to SpikeC.

And they landed today!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

The stones are off the Eamon.
    Spike C
    Pirsig

How did you decide to pack 'em?

I let them dry pretty well and just packed them as they came. As the boxes are now wrinkly they probably can't get any worse! This way they can still breathe a bit.
    Spike C
    Pirsig

I liked these stones pretty well. I didn't get to the 10,000 one, but the others had a nice feel and worked well on the O1 that put on them. I would seriously consider the 1000 when I need a replacement for the Norton that I have in that slot. Lately I have been going from the Norton 1000 or the fine DMT to an Ozuku that Maxim sent me, so I'm not in the market for any thing else. If I want to get really fine I use a Shobudani with Maxim's nagura, or one of the Chinese with nagura. Finishing with the Ozuku gives a nice edge, tho!
    Spike C
    Pirsig

bambu guy

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Just to give you heads up.

Stu from Tools from Japan has agreed to provide 4 Sigma Select II stones for a pass-around.

These are Sigma Select II #1000, 3000, 6000 and 10000 stones.

They will be available in 3-4 weeks.

I am new to organizing a pass-around, so I will have read up on it and talk to people who have done it to figure out how to manage it best. There will be some conditions, so please stay tuned.

Marko

Hi Marko, Is it still possible to get in on this pass-around? I've been in touch with Stu, and he suggested I try. If it's too late, then no worries, just let me know.

Many thanks, Peter

Quote Originally Posted by proacrz View Post
    Hi Marko, Is it still possible to get in on this pass-around? I've been in touch with Stu, and he suggested I try. If it's too late, then no worries, just let me know.

Many thanks, Peter
    Where in Hawaii are you? Are there other folks in Hawaii who want to try these stones?

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com