Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcomming Sigma II Stones Pass-Around

The stones at the moment are with Matt (mattrud).

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

John dropped them off to me yesterday. I am going to play around with them Thursday then they can go wherever I am told to send them.

Any comments regarding these stones would be helpful. I was toying with the idea of ordering some of these based on a recommendation of a buddy of mine that does a lot of tool sharpening. Just wondering how well these work especially with 52100.

My impressions were very positive for 3K, 6K and particularly 10K. 1K was a decent stone, but I had an issue with the sound while flattening and sharpening. To me it was like nails on a chalkboard , so I didn't give it much attention.

3, 6, and 10K worked all well on 52100. Good feel, very little dishing.

I am down for 10K from Tools From Japan (company that provided stones for pass-around http://www.toolsfromjapan.com/store/), contemplating getting 6k as well.

Hope this helps. I believe JohnnyChance is writing a more detailed review. I only tried stones on 52100.

Marko

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Passaround List for Sigma II Stones

This is a little bit overdue, sorry folks.

I think to simplify logistics, it would make sense to group people by region. The stones are currently with a forum member in NYC.

There were a few people interested in reviews, but I hope I didn't miss anybody who wanted to partake in a pass-around. Please post in this thread and I will add you to the list.

First Region
    Marko
    JohnnyChance
    MattRud (NYC) - has them currently
    SachemAllison (NYC) - next
    Nilloc (NY, Long Island)

Second Region
    tk59 (SoCal)
    Johndoughy (TX)
    PabloZ (NM)
    SpikeC (OR)

Thanks,
    Marko

PS: I have you as interested in reviews, but please correct me if you want to get on a pass-around.

Edipisreks
    Obtuse
    Shankster

Stones are soaking right now.....

Fantastic. I am writing to Sachem Allison to let him know to contact you and to arrange a pickup once you are done testing - take your time.

I don't think they need to be soaked for long - up to 30 min or so on the higher grits.

M

Even though I just bought a Chosera 1k today,I'm still interested in the reviews..

Cheers
    Peter

East coast, west coast...and me and Paul. 2 loners in the Old West!

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    East coast, west coast...and me and Paul. 2 loners in the Old West!
    Yup..and you're Deep In The Heart Of Texas....wishing I was home again.