• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

bunch of gyutos and a yaga honyaki1

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wdestate

Reaction score
Hey folks looking to clear some room. had a kid recently and told myself i would stop buying knives however i have a bunch arriving soon and no space so hopefully i can find some of these new homes. i appologize in advance for low quality photos but i take bad photos and also not much time just wanted to get these up.

Tanaka r2 240mm - 400$
Saji r2 240mm - 445$
Takeda 240 k tip - 380$
Butch Harner 240 cpm154 tall heel- 450$

these have all seen intial run in a pro kitchen. generally sharpened up one or twice the takeda probably has 3-4 sharpens on it then havent seen much light since. there is minor cosmetic flaws on some but no deep scratches of any kind never a ny chipping etc just random board marks or knife guard.

here is two honyaki's im more looking to trade but would also be willing to sell. Looking for Gyuto/Suji by american makers open to looking at anything.
the first is a 300mm yaganiba in w2 with ebony handle. Its made by Itsuo Doi so this is a rather rare knife since you see very few honyaki from Doi. This knife is unused and has been on a rack since receiving. 775$

The 2nd is the almost infamous at this point Konosuke blue2 honyaki 270mm with a very pretty custom handle. this knife is basically unused. there is a slight tarnish mark on it near the top of the hamon from where a house guest cut something with it without me noticing and did not wipe it before minor tarnish could occur, bastards. but other then that it has never been used. really looking to trade this one more then sell but would listen at 1000$

I can take more pics/answer questions if needed just send a message. thanks for looking

just an update, thank you everyone for all the interest in the kono honyaki, to many pm's to respond to indvidually ( i tried ) i am currently feeling out trades with a memeber of the forum for it. If this does not occur I will either a. take off the market and hold onto for use in a trade b. relist it with more pictures, there was a few offers for above what i said i would "listen" at so i will start most likely by reaching out to those people for first opportunity at it. This was once upon a time my unicorn so i value it, even more so since it is a hard knife to source in new condition ( or used ) so i am feeling out all the options/offers on it.

Takeda is on reserve

Saji, Tanaka, Harner and Doi honyaki all available still.

Bump! bringing this back up These guys need some new homes! pm me if you need anymore details
Price Drop!

Tanaka r2 240mm - 375$
Saji r2 240mm - 400$
Takeda 240 k tip - 350$
Butch Harner 240 cpm154 tall heel- 400$

any more picture of Itsuo Doi honayki please.

Thanks

I can get you more pictures of the Doi dreamwalker.PM me if you want them faster with an email takes me a while to take them load them etc (bad with computers)

bump again, these knives. a couple of these are a steal now... just sayin

Tanaka r2 240mm - 350$
Takeda 240 k tip - 325$
Butch Harner 240 cpm154 tall heel- 375$
Itsuo Doi Yaganiba 300mm Honyaki white2 brand new - 700$

The Kono is no longer on the table sorry for not including that previously

one final price drop and bump

Tanaka r2 240mm - 325$
Takeda 240 k tip - 305$
Butch Harner 240 cpm154 tall heel- 350$
Itsuo Doi Yaganiba 300mm Honyaki white2 brand new - 700$

Bump for these last two
Tanaka r2 240mm - 325$

Also adding this monster. 270mm ZDP189 by Yoshikazu Ikeda ground by Shigehiro Kasahara. been sharpened twice. this is the best stainless knife i have ever used, the zdp obvioulsy has great retention and takes a wicked edge and the finish and grind are superb. 625$

Ikeda is SPF

Tanaka r2 240mm - 325$

Bump for these last two
Tanaka r2 240mm - 325$

Also adding this monster. 270mm ZDP189 by Yoshikazu Ikeda ground by Shigehiro Kasahara. been sharpened twice. this is the best stainless knife i have ever used, the zdp obvioulsy has great retention and takes a wicked edge and the finish and grind are superb. 625$

Sick blade

Back