new member with a question about uneven uraoshi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aid671

Reaction score
hello I’m new and don’t know how to post threads, been working in the kitchen for 8 yrs and am getting into sharpening knives. I just bought a new yanagiba and I made the mistake on sharpening the uraoshi side with a 1000 grit stone and bad technique. this made my uraoshi line uneven in some parts of my blade. is there anyway to fix this or should I just send my knife into repair

Welcome to the forum. We use a moderation scheme for your first post to reduce the number of spammers. So far it's worked well with minimum inconvenience.

To your Yani - it's almost certainly recoverable. Can you post a pic? Easy button is to get pic to phone and use phone to post.

If you want to punt the repair, three of our site sponsors, Japanese Knife Imports, Korin, and Japanese Knife Sharpening (Dave Martell) will provide this service. (These are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others)

Welcome to the forum. We use a moderation scheme for your first post to reduce the number of spammers. So far it's worked well with minimum inconvenience.

To your Yani - it's almost certainly recoverable. Can you post a pic? Easy button is to get pic to phone and use phone to post.

If you want to punt the repair, three of our site sponsors, Japanese Knife Imports, Korin, and Japanese Knife Sharpening (Dave Martell) will provide this service. (These are off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others)

thank you, will post later.

Back