Where to buy Wakui 270 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking for a 270 Wakui gyuto. Can't find any in stock anywhere. Suggestions?

Like others said, the Itinomonn is a very good option if you can't find the Wakui.

I like my 240 Itinomonn Kasumi just slightly more than my Wakui 240 kasumi. Better profile, tip and distal taper. Though the differences really are only marginal and I love 'em both. Both are keepers for sure.

Thanks for the info here. I'm on hold until I see what Maksim unveils with his new line.

Thanks for the info here. I'm on hold until I see what Maksim unveils with his new line.

Do you know anything more about that? Timeline? Is he replacing something or something completely new?
At least the Itinomonn KU line was sold out. Probably to make room for something?

Do you know anything more about that? Timeline? Is he replacing something or something completely new?
At least the Itinomonn KU line was sold out. Probably to make room for something?

He has been teasing on his IG. Pic today said soon. Don't know if it is replacing anything, but he said it was a different Smith from what he already has.

Slightly slanted board profile pic

1498063024972.jpg

Yeah, this thread really made me want one too.

Just a few hours a go I bought the Yoshikane SKD so I have to hold out for now. Though I'm guessing these will be gone soon for forever. The V2 kasumi 240 gyuto has magically vanished from JNS site, which would indicate so will the 270 at some point.

The stain-less version has a very good edge retention.
Foody how's the edge retention of the V2?

Seems to hold up alright for carbon. Not chippy considering how frickin thin behind the edge it is. Lots of blade length to spread edge wear across too
Though I'm a home user cooking for one that rotates knives and does fine stone touch ups often, so take that as a caveat

Back