Meatloaf.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
my mom almost ruined me on meatloaf. she would cook her version in the pan, and it was always to greasy..even for a kid.

i still use a pan, but only for a mold. i turn them over and cook them unbridled. the grease runs off and i get more crusty surface area. homemade glaze under the broiler..and kapowee! dinner time!

funny laying a meatloaf thread out, when you guys chatter about monkfish liver.hahah..but it is my comfort food. crazy comfort food for a chinese dude.

I cook my blend of pork, veal and beef on a cookie cooling rack on top of a 1/4 sheet pan lined with foil. I freeform mine to save on dishes.

Everything good about life can be found in a tasty meatloaf. Feed a crowd on the cheap, pretty easy to put together, and most of the time spent is in the oven so you can.spend time with friends/family.

I do Ina Garten's turkey meatloaf with canned green beans (don't judge) and fresh mashed potatoes to feed a happy crowd when we have our friends over.

Cold meatloaf sandwiches...yum!

Here is the recipe I've used for years.
IMG_20121216_124019.jpg

I actually use more bacon though.

And for the saltine crackers it means 3 full sleeves, not 3 little packets.

Here is the recipe I've used for years.
IMG_20121216_124019.jpg

I actually use more bacon though.

And for the saltine crackers it means 3 full sleeves, not 3 little packets.

i used a full sleeve yesterday. something very satisfying about smashing crackers.

i used ATK's recipe. did a full 3lbs of meat.

Rick,

Would that reduce by a third and still work?

I don't see why not. I also forgot to mention the cooking method. Mix everything together and place it all in a 4" deep hotel pan. Slap it all down flat to remove any air pockets. With gloves on, separate the meat down the center with your hands. Tuck the outer side down to form the loaves. Take the bacon and cut it in half then drape it over the top all the way down. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes at 425 to brown the top. Remove from the oven and pour off the juices and reserve for making gravy. Slice the meatloaf and serve. I actually like to cool down the loaf and portion it all out. Then you can simply wrap the portions on a plate with plastic wrap and microwave or wrap the portions on a sizzle pan with foil and fire it in the oven.

I use milk and white bread with pork and beef, sweated onions and garlic, dried oregano. Bake refrig, slice fry in clarified butter with ketchup balsamic reduction glaze. Fair amount of work but it's so good and crusty.

Hidden Valley Ranch powder works good as well.

Back