Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see your tattoos!

Let's see your tattoos!

Come on folks....I know i am not the only one here sporting some body art..Lets see what you got! I will get pics up as soon as i get some taken.

I put this one up the other day for the "worst cut/ burn" thread, but it works here too

I'm surprised more people haven't answered this thread because I know that half of the membership is likely inked.

Myself, I'm probably the most into ink person that has only one tattoo that you'll ever meet. I've been reading about and visiting shops for as long as I can remember but a lack of funds and never being able to make up my mind and commit to a design has held me back from covering myself.

My one tat is a left arm eagle received in Kings Lynn, UK by a visiting artist back in around 1986 or so. It was flash that was added onto free hand. I have pictures of it when it was new but no digital images to share here. Taking a picture of it today isn't doing it any justice.

I have a couple of ideas floating around my head for tats that I want today but the money thing never seems to escape me as a problem.

I have been very into tattoos for a long time, I have a buddy that is an artist now(apprenticing for a few years anyways). I have plans to get my right upper arm covered like an illuminated Bible, but haven't found the money/artist to do it. I've got an ichthys fish on my right wrist.

My wife, however, leverages more money for ink. She has 5, about to get her 6th.

The money issue gets bigger and bigger the more you get into tats because you quickly start upsizing your ideas as you realize that it's better to put the $$ into a bigger piece than stamps.

I'm 26 with zero tattoos. I've always liked them, but part of me thinks I made it this long without them I don't know any now. But I still really want one and if I get started I'm leaning towards a diagram of the primal cuts of pork.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm 26 with zero tattoos. I've always liked them, but part of me thinks I made it this long without them I don't know any now. But I still really want one and if I get started I'm leaning towards a diagram of the primal cuts of pork.
    Hori Smoku Sailor Jerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjebTottiw

Great film documentary that I actually checked out at the local library.
    It shows a lot of the early history and characters that made up the burgeoning US tattoo industry. Also, pays great homage to the Japanese artists's influence.

FWIW, a bit raunchy... but an excellent watch.

Near the end of the movie one of the subjects remarks how tattooing, piercing, has historically been an underground anti-establishment endeavor. Taboo.
    Now, he surmises it has become so common place and overexposed to even children in our society, that the next expression of rebellion/individualism may be ink free skin...

I totally agree with the mainstream thing..Tattoo's have become the next cool, in thing. I enjoyed doing this much better when it was more underground. I don't think the television programs are helping either...Talk about over dramatized bullcrap... I think i am sitting around the 20ish area...But most are not visible, Yet I have plans for a pirate ship/creepy horizon background, finishing my sleeves and then portraits of my kids. I have never been into it for the "cool" factor, i love the art, and i am pretty good at it, all the drama can stay on tv lol. Dave...I will work out a trade with you

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    I totally agree with the mainstream thing..Tattoo's have become the next cool, in thing. I enjoyed doing this much better when it was more underground. I don't think the television programs are helping either...Talk about over dramatized bullcrap... I think i am sitting around the 20ish area...But most are not visible, Yet I have plans for a pirate ship/creepy horizon background, finishing my sleeves and then portraits of my kids. I have never been into it for the "cool" factor, i love the art, and i am pretty good at it, all the drama can stay on tv lol. Dave...I will work out a trade with you
    I think it's cool with me if Tattoos are no longer counter-culture. You can still work and be treated like a human being and adorn your body as you see fit.

Trying to explain to an old-school(read: stubborn) Texan that tattoos are functionally the same as clothing that you commit to wearing every single day, but he couldn't see it that way. I am glad more people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Dave...I will work out a trade with you

Don't even joke about this unless you mean it!