Let's see your tattoos!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
Come on folks....I know i am not the only one here sporting some body art..Lets see what you got! I will get pics up as soon as i get some taken.

I put this one up the other day for the "worst cut/ burn" thread, but it works here too
6b07fbe8.jpg

4e5ce296.png

I'm surprised more people haven't answered this thread because I know that half of the membership is likely inked.

Myself, I'm probably the most into ink person that has only one tattoo that you'll ever meet. I've been reading about and visiting shops for as long as I can remember but a lack of funds and never being able to make up my mind and commit to a design has held me back from covering myself.

My one tat is a left arm eagle received in Kings Lynn, UK by a visiting artist back in around 1986 or so. It was flash that was added onto free hand. I have pictures of it when it was new but no digital images to share here. Taking a picture of it today isn't doing it any justice.

I have a couple of ideas floating around my head for tats that I want today but the money thing never seems to escape me as a problem.

:yeahthat:

I have been very into tattoos for a long time, I have a buddy that is an artist now(apprenticing for a few years anyways). I have plans to get my right upper arm covered like an illuminated Bible, but haven't found the money/artist to do it. I've got an ichthys fish on my right wrist.

My wife, however, leverages more money for ink. She has 5, about to get her 6th.

The money issue gets bigger and bigger the more you get into tats because you quickly start upsizing your ideas as you realize that it's better to put the $$ into a bigger piece than stamps.

I'm 26 with zero tattoos. I've always liked them, but part of me thinks I made it this long without them I don't know any now. But I still really want one and if I get started I'm leaning towards a diagram of the primal cuts of pork.

I'm 26 with zero tattoos. I've always liked them, but part of me thinks I made it this long without them I don't know any now. But I still really want one and if I get started I'm leaning towards a diagram of the primal cuts of pork.

Hori Smoku Sailor Jerry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjebTottiw

Great film documentary that I actually checked out at the local library.
It shows a lot of the early history and characters that made up the burgeoning US tattoo industry. Also, pays great homage to the Japanese artists's influence.

FWIW, a bit raunchy... but an excellent watch.

Near the end of the movie one of the subjects remarks how tattooing, piercing, has historically been an underground anti-establishment endeavor. Taboo.
Now, he surmises it has become so common place and overexposed to even children in our society, that the next expression of rebellion/individualism may be ink free skin...

I totally agree with the mainstream thing..Tattoo's have become the next cool, in thing. I enjoyed doing this much better when it was more underground. I don't think the television programs are helping either...Talk about over dramatized bullcrap... I think i am sitting around the 20ish area...But most are not visible, Yet :D I have plans for a pirate ship/creepy horizon background, finishing my sleeves and then portraits of my kids. I have never been into it for the "cool" factor, i love the art, and i am pretty good at it, all the drama can stay on tv lol. Dave...I will work out a trade with you :D

I totally agree with the mainstream thing..Tattoo's have become the next cool, in thing. I enjoyed doing this much better when it was more underground. I don't think the television programs are helping either...Talk about over dramatized bullcrap... I think i am sitting around the 20ish area...But most are not visible, Yet :D I have plans for a pirate ship/creepy horizon background, finishing my sleeves and then portraits of my kids. I have never been into it for the "cool" factor, i love the art, and i am pretty good at it, all the drama can stay on tv lol. Dave...I will work out a trade with you :D

I think it's cool with me if Tattoos are no longer counter-culture. You can still work and be treated like a human being and adorn your body as you see fit.

Trying to explain to an old-school(read: stubborn) Texan that tattoos are functionally the same as clothing that you commit to wearing every single day, but he couldn't see it that way. I am glad more people do.

Dave,
Mike isn't joking, he is very willing to trade skills and having seen some of his work it will be worth it. However if you come to michigan and don't schedule a day or two up with me, you will be in deep doooo.
Del

Ok i will show off a few that i DID...not have..
2011-10-15_17-21-45_251.jpg
100% freehand, 6 hours
2011-08-25_22-07-50_435.jpg
Ha! loved this one
2011-05-21_21-50-45_956.jpg

Picture049.jpg

I love the milling machine tatoo!!! Not enough to get one for myself, but love nonetheless.

IMG_2892-1.jpg
[/IMG]

My girlfriend took this photo at the lake this summer. i have three more mermaids also in that tattoo.

Ok i will show off a few that i DID...not have..
2011-10-15_17-21-45_251.jpg
100% freehand, 6 hours

Somebody haz sum mad skilz.... !!!
...through the eyes and nose triangle, with a touch of asymmetry.

Tremendous stuff Mike. :thumbsup:

If I ever get around to it. this will be the one and only for me:

208710_503169353202_78100814_30057376_6904_n.jpg

I'm not a tattoo guy but you've got some skillz, Mike!

Started this on my forearm a few months back, the fish and lotus still need color.
I'll get it finished hopefully in December and then start on the upper arm.

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0452.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics.

Back