225mm gyutos, know of any?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like the perfect length for me would be between a 210 and 240.

precisely why I ordered a taller 210 from kurosaki for the R2 western, edge came out to about 225-230.

I've had Shigefusa and Heiji 210mm gyuto that measured around 225mm and in the past Marko Tsourkan and Devin Thomas have produced gyuto in the 225mm size range.

Also, Konosuke 240mm gyuto generally run short - usually around 230mm edge

I've had Shigefusa and Heiji 210mm gyuto that measured around 225mm and in the past Marko Tsourkan and Devin Thomas have produced gyuto in the 225mm size range.

Also, Konosuke 240mm gyuto generally run short - usually around 230mm edge

+1, I have Marko making a 225mm right now, hope to see it done soon and post pictures.

Most of the Sakai gyuto run short so the 240s would generally be about that length.

Gesshin Ginga WA gyuto 240 runs short ~230-235. Jon is a great guy and I am sure if you asked him he would find you the shortest one.

many 210mm wa-gyutos without machi are about that long handle to tip, and many 240mm wa-gyutos with a machi from (like those from sakai) measure just a bit over 225mm heel to tip, but are close

Buy a 240 from sakai and you'll be around 225-230mm which is close enough. The other option is to commission a custom blade

The sukenari wagyuto run short, if I recall their 240 is either 225 or 230...! Worth a look.

Kasumi Damascus 10" chef knife is actually a 240mm that runs short, around 230 mm

240mm Tesshu gyutos from Aframestokyo are about this length, as they are a sakai knife measured from tip to machi rather than the tip to heel.

Just to reinforce the "Sakai knives run short" (for anyone who might come across this thread in the future, doing a search), I measured my Sukenari AS "240" this morning and it was 230 heel-to-tip, 245 handle-to-tip.

Just to reinforce the "Sakai knives run short" (for anyone who might come across this thread in the future, doing a search), I measured my Sukenari AS "240" this morning and it was 230 heel-to-tip, 245 handle-to-tip.

And the tesshu ginsan 240 gyuto measures 225 heal to tip.

pretty sure sukenari is no where near sakai...

Thanks, on the JCK website the actual edge on the 240 ginsan measures 235.

There's also what is called semi-custom...touch base with Watanabe (as an example) for custom size production gyuto.

Heiji was willing to make me one, but I just went with a 240 instead (which ended up being more like 250). They have both carbon and stainless (really semi-stainless options). Be prepared to wait 4 months for a knife if you do go that route.

I dot not believe shinichi will do stainless clad on anything over 180mm he will respond lighting fast with the utmost politeness in my experience though have you considered a takeda they tend to run about 10mm longer then advertised so a 210 closer to 220...

Heiji was willing to make me one, but I just went with a 240 instead (which ended up being more like 250). They have both carbon and stainless (really semi-stainless options). Be prepared to wait 4 months for a knife if you do go that route.

Looks like he doesn't have any stainless clad?

Back