TC Blades - Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsuriru

Reaction score
Some past and recent work. Not too much text - mainly photos updated from time to time... :)

gal_2017_010L.jpg

gal_2017_012L.jpg

Love the etching ! very classy

Thanks Erez. I am very curious to find out what this knife will look like after it is in use for a while. Sometimes, the combination of etching and patina take on a certain depth that, for me, is just magical.

That's a neat one.

Thank you. This is something that we have been developing for a while. Something between a medium weight Chinese style cleaver and a Tall healed Nakiri. It has been fondly refered to as a "Cleakiri" and also a "Nakleaver" ...

I was thinking it must be spicy steel ;)

Love the rustic patina. These are all in O1 aren't they?

It will definitely put some spice in any kitchen :) and yes, all our knives are o1 Abura Honyaki.

Thank you. This is something that we have been developing for a while. Something between a medium weight Chinese style cleaver and a Tall healed Nakiri. It has been fondly refered to as a "Cleakiri" and also a "Nakleaver"

Mmm I was wondering whether to call it a cleaver or a nakiri.

Is it best at slicing or chopping?

How about Chakiri or Nakabu?

Mmm I was wondering whether to call it a cleaver or a nakiri.

Is it best at slicing or chopping?

It's hard call between slicing and chopping. It's certainly thin enough to slice, and the high shinogi line makes it a good chopper with very little to no wedge on taller roots etc. I think that preference would really depend on who is using it and their preferred skill set. It is 200mm heel to tip, with 70mm heal. The back starts out around 4mm at the connection to the handle and tapers off to about 1.5 mm. Weight with handle mounted: 351.5g .

How about Chakiri or Nakabu?

Certainly something to consider :)

I use a mini 175*80*1.6mm cleaver quite often. Would love to see one with some spine taper without sacrificing a thin edge.

I use a mini 175*80*1.6mm cleaver quite often. Would love to see one with some spine taper without sacrificing a thin edge.

Here are some aspect shots:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Do you get a hamon on O1?

o1 is somewhat timid in displaying well accented hamon lines but sometimes they do come out kind of interesting. The thing is.....just because you do not see a hamon line does not necessarily mean there is no hamon there.

Back