Quantcast
I need help from you guys - Please? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help from you guys - Please?

Wow. Every piece is a winner but... #1. It looks unique although a little over the top. If going natural, well, I have a soft spot for beautiful Koa so #10.

Personally I don't think you could go wrong with any of the natural woods from those last choices. With a blade that beautiful, in my opinion, you want IT to be the star and your handle to be the supporting cast if you know what I mean!

Either way it's going to turn out killer!

-ah

Looks like these are the 4 most popular with #10 currently in the lead.
    With them next to each other it might be easier to choose which you like best.
    I like them all but you guys have the final say. Probably see where we are at for the final decision Tuesday.

Thank you for all the help. It is a lot more fun this way than just picking one myself.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

Tuesday Drawing for one of the runner ups

I was just thinking
    How about Tuesday afternoon we will see which one is the block to be used for the knife. I will also use the random number generator for a drawing. The winning post number can pick one of the runner ups for themselves.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

I think ten is going to be the winner on this one, even though I would love to see another live edge handle.

My vote is for #5, but you really can't lose with those choices. 1 is fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post
    Looks like these are the 4 most popular with #10 currently in the lead.
    With them next to each other it might be easier to choose which you like best.
    I like them all but you guys have the final say. Probably see where we are at for the final decision Tuesday.

Thank you for all the help. It is a lot more fun this way than just picking one myself.
    Rather than vote my own opinion, maybe I can give you my subjective insight and let you choose.
    1. Very unusual, and looks like something that would fit in well at your crazy workplace.
    5. I like it, but I would cut the exterior off and use the lighter colored part for a "bolster" that was made by nature.
    3. Fits your theme the best, it is very stormy-looking, but looks the least like wood to me.
    10. The wood I would go with, but only for a wa-handle. Truly a stunning piece of koa.

Cool

I like 5 for my first pick and 10 for a second pick!! Either one will look very classy on the knife, without overshadowing the blade!

I still like #3 but for me it would depend on what kind of handle you were planning on having if it's to be a wa handle I think one of the naturals would work best for a western type handle I think all four are options and would still pick #3.

I really like Eamon's idea of using 5 as one piece of wood, white bit as the ferrule.

+ Reply to Thread