Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal master website stone

Metal master website stone

Hi guys, im planning to buy the naniwa superstone from metal master..

I saw him got the private brand whetstone but i don't know is good or not... for price not too bad..

Email him but no reply at all.. just wondering did he still selling or not..

He is definitely still selling, lack of communication and long shipping is normal for him.

Administrator
    MM is not known for being particularly responsive to email. He sells "stuff" that knife junkies like, and should you purchase from there you'll likely not hear anything until your product shows up on your door. 1 week, 1 month, or couple months later.

His business model works for many because of his pricing. You won't know when you'll get your "stuff" but you'll always get it. I would rather drop a couple more bucks elsewhere.
    Older and wider..

So if i buy the stone from him & choose shipping (sal) normally cost 2 week...
    That's means i can wait till one month or longer?

2 weeks - 2 months in my experience

1 month is the quickest delivery I've experienced. I have been extremely happy with the stones I recieved from him. The trick is forgetting you bought anything and then you are surprised and happy when it turns up.

Takeshi has a LOT on the go. The guy just never stops doing stuff and is also a Dad and family man. He does so much business inside Japan that I don't think he cares what outsiders think of his business practices. Everything mentioned is true though I've never had anything take longer than a few weeks!

As long as you can wait, MM is a great option.

I like Metal Master, great prices. I'm never in a rush but don't remember any absurd waits.

I haven't used the house brand stones but they look promising! I watched a quick Youtube demo on one. I trust Takeshi wouldn't market inferior product.

Quote Originally Posted by dwalker View Post
    1 month is the quickest delivery I've experienced. I have been extremely happy with the stones I recieved from him. The trick is forgetting you bought anything and then you are surprised and happy when it turns up.
    Very useful tip, sometimes we are so dependent on our own expectations