Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Big achievement today!

  1. #11
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    12,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Wdestate View Post
    Congratulations. It's impressive to see after all these years you are still striving to broaden your craft and not become locked in to a comfort zone. Hope there is a lot more smiles for you going forward.

    Thank you for the kind words, I do try.


  2. #12
    Senior Member TheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I can't show the handle yet, it's a surprise for a Martell knife buyer.
    Well played sir! Well played indeed!!!

    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I can make the wa handle....but no fancy stuff!

    Yeah seriously though, no mammoth narwhal butt ox unicorm anything. Think "basic" when thinking of me for wa handles, upgrades would be buffalo horn and a thin metal spacer...LOL
    Ditch the metal spacers 😀😀😀.

    Your wa's are some of the most elegant I have seen. Two pieces of wood, and let them do the talking. It is all that is needed.

  4. #14
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    12,120
    Quote Originally Posted by malexthekid View Post
    Ditch the metal spacers .

    Your wa's are some of the most elegant I have seen. Two pieces of wood, and let them do the talking. It is all that is needed.

    I like that.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I can make the wa handle....but no fancy stuff!

    Yeah seriously though, no mammoth narwhal butt ox unicorm anything. Think "basic" when thinking of me for wa handles, upgrades would be buffalo horn and a thin metal spacer...LOL
    Baby steps. We'll get you there eventually.

  6. #16
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    12,120
    So here's a Dave wa handle for you to check out. I can put them on all sorts of knives, not just Martells.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010002.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	617.3 KB 
ID:	36128  

  7. #17
    Senior Member TheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    764
    Yessssss....
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    49
    That's a really beautiful handle. Do you only make octagonal ones?

  9. #19
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    12,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporks View Post
    That's a really beautiful handle. Do you only make octagonal ones?
    I can do ovals as well. I haven't tried D-shaped yet.

  10. #20
    Senior Member

    sudsy9977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    755
    put me down for copper!...maybe perfect buttcaps while you're at it...lol...ryan

    viva la revolucion !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •