Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Washington State

Hi from Washington State

Hi! I've been lurking around the forum for the last couple of weeks getting a little bit more educated about knives. Decided I needed a new kitchen knife and ended up with a Zwilling Kramer for my first carbon steel knife (other than the Old Hickory from college days--it doesn't really count, even though it's still in the drawer). Looking at all the beautiful, functional knives people talk about it looks like this could be a the beginning of a very, very expensive kitchen upgrade!

And then there's deciding whether to go from my little old Arkansas stones to water stones...

welcome, Lucretia!

I dig old hickory.

Welcome! Enjoy the ride

Welcome welcome! Enjoy the ride, for sure Try to take it step by step though - it's more fun to actually take the time to appreciate and assess what you like or don't like about each new toy that comes your way
    Len

Welcome in! I have many years of making things sharp with arkys, water stones are big fun but the old reliables will get the job done as well!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Hi from Lynnwood, WA. If you're close, stop in and I can show you a little bit on the waterstones. I know just enough about sharpening to get me in trouble, so I figure that's a good place to start :-) Shoot me a PM.

-M

Lucretia?......could this possibly be a female?

Or just one of Oivind's buddies

Either way, welcome.
    “Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few; Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.” Robert Hunter

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Lucretia?......could this possibly be a female?
    Female last time I checked. And I know my name, quest, and favorite color. Although I'll need to know if it's an African or European swallow to tell you the airspeed velocity.