Hi from Washington State

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
Hi! I've been lurking around the forum for the last couple of weeks getting a little bit more educated about knives. Decided I needed a new kitchen knife and ended up with a Zwilling Kramer for my first carbon steel knife (other than the Old Hickory from college days--it doesn't really count, even though it's still in the drawer). Looking at all the beautiful, functional knives people talk about it looks like this could be a the beginning of a very, very expensive kitchen upgrade!

And then there's deciding whether to go from my little old Arkansas stones to water stones...

Welcome welcome! Enjoy the ride, for sure :) Try to take it step by step though - it's more fun to actually take the time to appreciate and assess what you like or don't like about each new toy that comes your way :)

Welcome in! I have many years of making things sharp with arkys, water stones are big fun but the old reliables will get the job done as well!

Hi from Lynnwood, WA. If you're close, stop in and I can show you a little bit on the waterstones. I know just enough about sharpening to get me in trouble, so I figure that's a good place to start :) Shoot me a PM.

-M

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Lucretia?......could this possibly be a :Ooooh: female?

Female last time I checked. And I know my name, quest, and favorite color. Although I'll need to know if it's an African or European swallow to tell you the airspeed velocity.

Back