STILL STANDING

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I know it's been a while since I last posted and at the time I said I'd have some new inventory coming soon. That was back at the end of March. Well, here's my story, sad but true:

At the end of April, the 22nd to be exact, I was at the shop standing by the bandsaw cutting up some slabs when I felt a pretty strong pain in my chest. I'd been having some digestive issues lately so I thought it was related to that. I took a rest, went back to the bandsaw and finished my work. All the while I was feeling like crap. By the time I got home I could barely make it into bed, but I thought a good night's sleep might ease things. It didn't. The next morning it was clear that something was wrong and my wife ushered me into a cab and off we went to the ER. Turns out I had a moderate heart attack and that evening they placed a stent in my left anterior descending artery. Wish I could say that was the end of it, but I found myself back in the ER twice after that. With more tests and a tweaking of my meds things started to get better for me and now I'm in a cardio rehab fitness program feeling much better.

I'm getting back to business with Dream Burls and I hope to have some new stock in the store later this week. As a bonus I've just lowered the prices on a number of species including Cocobolo, Gray Box Burl, Leopardwood and Bradford Pear. I hope you can pay the site (www.dreamburls.com) a visit and get reacquainted. Thanks for all your past support and I look forward to doing business with you as time goes by.

P.S. It's good to be alive!

Good to hear you are on the mend. And great to see you getting back into it

Hey, best wishes to you, Myron! That is a lot to go through. I've had three friends who had similar experiences, two of them just last year, and one of them did not make it. You are a lucky guy!

I'd say more, but I'm headed to your store. :)

I really appreciate all your good wishes. Yes I was lucky. They found a 80-90% blockage in one of my arteries. Woodworking might have saved my life.

Wishing you the best in your recovery - glad to hear that you are on the mend. Stopped by the site to pic up my favorite (HRB) and excited to see that Nargusta as I love ironwood (appreciate you bringing this to the site as it is new to me ...).

Back