Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tanaka nashiji stainless clad Blue 2

Captain! Read your PMs

Got it! So sorry - stupid app doesn't always show when I have a new message.

Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

Ok, address sent to Taramonia. Being the OCD person I am (and hearing the list was not longer with the knife) I went through the thread and came up with this list so I would know to whom I should send the knife. Please take a look and let me know if anyone is missing. If not, I'll print it out and include it with the knife when I send it on.

Post #31

ChefJimbo
    Clifton, NJ

ashy2classy
    Harrisburg, PA

tgfencer
    Fairview, NC

daveb
    Brandon, FL

laboroflove
    Baton Rouge Louisiana

Taramonia (post #61)
    Tennessee

thecaptain
    Cary, IL
    Obsidiank
    Chicago, IL

ivang
    San Diego, CA

Daveinmesa
    Mesa, AS?

Missing Obsidiank that I can see, anyone else?
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Anyways going out to Captain tomorrow or Saturday. Man, I really like this knife even though I have the ginsan version. This was my first experience with Blue #2 also. Labor left a good edge on it so I really just touched it up on the Rika 5k but man did it scream fast! It felt lighter than my ginsan even though I weighed them both and they came to almost the same (probably +/- a couple grams). Performance was really close too, tho the B2 edges ahead slightly with shaprpenability. I think I need more carbon in my life :P

Obsidiank was hiding right under me, I forgot to put a spacer in

Knife arrived in very well packaged condition yesterday. Will take it for a test run over the next week or so then pass it on to Obsidiank the Monday/Tuesday after US Thanksgiving if he's ok with that.

BUT, did a few carrots etc with it and am now regretting not getting one during James' one day sale. Still, I give it a further run through just to make myself regret it even more.

I'll be gone for the holidays and back in Chicago on 12/7. Can meet at your office downtown and grab it then!

I wanted to tell anyone following this thread that I recently picked one of these up. To say I am happy and impressed is an understatement. The fit and finish is miles beyond what one would expect at this price piont. The grind is the best and thinnest behind the edge I've seen in a Tanaka. The friction fit saya is second to none and all for around $200 shipped (during the one day sale). James, I don't know how you do it.

@thecaptain, Can I pick up the knife from you downtown on Friday?

Yep! PM sent with contact info.