Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: What are we watching lately?

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
    I agree. So many terrible episodes this season.
    Haha, I meant I'm really enjoying it. Granted, I'm only 4 episodes deep but I think Pickle Rick may be one of the best things I've ever seen. And I enjoy the throwaway nihilism precisely because it reminds of being a teenager.

Just watched The Fugitive for the first time in over ten years. I enjoyed it a lot.

Don't drink out of ornamental ponds in Tiergarten. You will get sick.

I know I've found a masterpiece (imo) when I can rewatch it several times in one week. Maybe I'm becoming old and sentimental, but I adore the movie Our Little Sister. Great feel-good movie, that also has some sad moments. Based on a manga.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3756788/

It's a story about three sisters that live together in their grandma's old house. Their father abandoned the family a long time ago for another woman. Their mother couldn't cope and left them as well. The oldest sister is the surrogate mom, feeling great responsibility for what's left of the family. The middle sister doesn't take anything seriously, drinks a lot of beer and ends up with useless boyfriends. The youngest sister is a kind of free spirit hipster.

The movie starts with the news that their father has died. They learn that they have a 15 year old half sister named Suzu. She's the daughter of the woman the father cheated with, but that woman has also passed away. At the funeral, the sisters decide to invite Suzu to move to their house and live with them.

Slowly we get to know these four sisters, bit by bit like a puzzle. There is an element of tension since Suzu has had fifteen years together with the father that abandoned the other three. Suzu feels ashamed that she's basically the result of adultery. The movie is a lot about parent-child relations, both at a young age and as we get older. It's also about the importance to not having to grow up too quickly, to have parent figures you can depend on, to have stability as a young person.

Beautifully filmed and edited. Great work with the camera. Great soundtrack. Great actors.

Saw a double feature of Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cell Block 99 yesterday.

Both seemed to have been dragged straight out of the 70's. Vince did a really good job too.

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series

Not a lot going on that I am interested in this season and this is just another look at the same thing...but it is entertaining nonetheless.

Not much of a TV/Movie person. More of a short wave broadcast sort of guy but these days there is not much good to listen to.

Screw you Netflix and screw the producers of Stranger Things! Why oh why am I up at 1 A.M on a work night to watch this blatant knock off of IT and Firestarter? Damn the sleep gods for this evil curse!
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

Went to see the latest Thor movie yesterday. Not much of a plot, but hey - it's a Thor movie so that's kinda expected. Fairly entertaining for the matinee price.

BUT what got me really excited is the trailer for Pacific Rim Uprising!!! Awesome special effects, bigger robots, and amazing editing. If the movie is even half as exciting as the trailer I'll be seeing it on the big screen a few times. Yea, I know - but it is the most awesome dumb robot movie ever.
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Went to see the latest Thor movie yesterday. Not much of a plot, but hey - it's a Thor movie so that's kinda expected. Fairly entertaining for the matinee price.

BUT what got me really excited is the trailer for Pacific Rim Uprising!!! Awesome special effects, bigger robots, and amazing editing. If the movie is even half as exciting as the trailer I'll be seeing it on the big screen a few times. Yea, I know - but it is the most awesome dumb robot movie ever.
    Do you like the Transformer movies?

Only sat fully through the first one. The special effects couldn't compensate enough for the awefull script and acting in the second. I mean yea, we are not expecting Oscar material but at least put in some effort.
    Oh wait, you mean we can customize our signatures?

I would watch a Pacific Rim 5 part epic marathon before I stomach one more pathetic childhood memory ruining Transformers film

"Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski