Hi from the Troglodite in the Mountains of Andalucia Spain

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg the Yeti

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Greg and live in a cave here in Spain.

I'm very keen on cooking and also have made a number of Electric Guitars (from scratch - not kits!).

I've long known the superiority of Japanese woodworking tools. I wanted some knives for the kitchen which were as good as my woodworking tools!

To start with I got some cheap end of line knives by Sekiryu. They are good and one is still my favourite knife. It is an almost completely 'Stick Free' knife.

Then recently I got some much more expensive Kai Shun Damascus knives. (Wannabe Samurai!) To go with the new knives I got the 'Edge Pro Professional' Sharpening System so that I could keep them like new! It's a brilliant bit of kit! It has restored my older knives to 'like new or better' as well.

Now it merely remains to make myself a better knife block to put them all in.

I'm hoping to pick some people's brains about angles and stuff.

Regards Greg the Yeti :yammer:

Pick our brains, but you must must must share pics of your cave born spanish meals. I love spanish food!

I want to see cave born guitars.

True that. I just have this mental image of him making paella in a cave by the sea, and it made me hungry. The guitars do sound interesting.

Waitaminute...does this remind anyone else of Rush's 2112?

I want to see cave born guitars.

Actually since moving here to the cave I havn't made any guitars. But I can post some pics of those I have made if you like.
I've been more busy with local politics. Having been robbed and lied to by local Spanish as well as by the English Ex-Pats I've been pretty busy in the campaign to get rid of the corrupt local Mayor!
When things settle down I hope to have time to get my workshop up and running again. It's strictly small time. There's no way I can compete with far eastern imports, so I don't even try! I've made four for myself and one for a neice. I have one project which is incomplete. A cross between a Bazooki and a Mandola, made with a rather special sound board and semi-electric.

I just have this mental image of him making paella in a cave by the sea, and it made me hungry.

Sorry to disappoint. My cave is nowhere near the sea. I wanted to avoid the 'Lager Louts' by the beach! I'm on the northern side of the Sierra Nevada and 700 meters up.

I do make paella, but not the seafood variety. Apparently the origin of Paella is not a seafood dish but one made with locally caught small game (mostly rabbit or hare) and snails!! My recipe is with chicken and Jamon Serrano. I like it and so do my dogs.
All my food now is tailored so that my dogs can eat with me. Less salt and spice, and nothing toxic to dogs.

Oh and my cave has most of the mod cons. Tiled floors, Satelite Dish, the Kitchen I designed myself and had built by a friend. It's entirely made of alternating coloured brick with marble for all the worktops and shelves. Storage uses easily obtained plastic food crates from the markets. A touch of luxury but practical too.

OK seriously we need pics of the cave home and your guitars.

:needpics:

Sorry to disappoint. My cave is nowhere near the sea. I wanted to avoid the 'Lager Louts' by the beach! I'm on the northern side of the Sierra Nevada and 700 meters up.

I do make paella, but not the seafood variety. Apparently the origin of Paella is not a seafood dish but one made with locally caught small game (mostly rabbit or hare) and snails!! My recipe is with chicken and Jamon Serrano. I like it and so do my dogs.
All my food now is tailored so that my dogs can eat with me. Less salt and spice, and nothing toxic to dogs.

Oh and my cave has most of the mod cons. Tiled floors, Satelite Dish, the Kitchen I designed myself and had built by a friend. It's entirely made of alternating coloured brick with marble for all the worktops and shelves. Storage uses easily obtained plastic food crates from the markets. A touch of luxury but practical too.

SHAZAAM!

How would you feel about an uninvited, ugly American house guest?

BTW, got GPS coordinates?

Back