D. Martell For Sale - Martell 240mm CPM154 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Stats

Length - 240mm

Height (at heel) - 58mm (ish)

Steel - CPM-154 (Crucible Particle Metallurgy aka stainless powdered steel)

Hardness - Rc61-62

Handle Style - Yo (hidden tang western)

Handle Materials - Maple burl (natural toned), black buffalo horn, & G10 spacers

The handle is a stabilized natural toned maple burl paired with black buffalo horn, & G10 spacers. I picture the person for this knife as being someone who appreciates a nice handle yet prefers an understated look. :wink:

*Note -This knife is not finished but it is 40% of the way there. If you're interested, and wish to buy it now, I'll discount the price by $25. If you'd prefer to wait and see what she looks like before purchasing that's OK fine by me too, just shoot me a PM and I'll put your name down for first refusal, and so on. Just please understand that should someone else wish to purchase the knife in the meantime (before it's made) I will sell it without consulting you. I'm trying to be as fair as possible, hope you can understand.

Price - $650 (shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)

If you're interested in purchasing this knife please contact via PM or email along with your Paypal email address (for the invoice). If international, please specify country.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

I got sidetracked on this one but did manage to get some work done on it the other day. It's at about 50% currently.

The handle is shaped and wet sanded to 800x. By tomorrow it'll be sanded to 2000x and then the finish coats applied. It won't be long after that till it's done.

BTW, I had a question on the pricing on this one, someine asked why it's priced lower than my new pricing schedule. The answer is that I used black buffalo instead of metal for the bolster, no metal spacers were used, & wood wasn't terribly expensive. I will note that the wood looks real nice regardless of price. :wink:

OK, finally, here's the pictures...... :cool2:

*Note - the handle looks 10x better in person. You won't be disappointed if you like what you see n the pictures.

P1010002.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010023.JPG

P1010025.JPG

Just because I need a quick sale.....Price Drop>

$650 $585 (shipping included to USA / International will pay all costs over $25)

Back