Belgium & Holland

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blen

Reaction score
Any Belgian and Dutchmen on the forum?
Greetz,
Bruno the Belgian

Hier, een noorderbuur van je. There are a couple of other Dutch guys here as well.

Love the Trappist beers! Quads are sooooo nice to drink

I've moved to Amsterdam and currently learning Dutch. Just bought my first Molybdenum recently and today a 3000/6000 stone. Excited

Would anyone like to get together to teach and learn from one another?

It comes overly convexed from factory, and should get a decent stone sharpening before you can maintain it. Let me know.

By convexed, do you mean it isn't exactly a V and more like a U? If that's so, I would need to use a lower grit to take care of that?

Again, let me know if I can help. I should have been clearer about that. You don't have to get a coarse stone for that very few strokes.

Ah ok so it only needs a few strokes? Took care of that weeks ago then :)

Ah ok so it only needs a few strokes? Took care of that weeks ago then :)

Even better! I give Misonos a straight left bevel, very narrow, @15-17 degrees, and the right one convexed, ending @10-12 degrees. The factory edge is a bit fat. So start the right side at the lowest angle you're comfortable with, raise the spine little by little until you've raised a clear burr on the left side. Test for steering.

Is anyone here interested in meeting up? I'm slowly improving my skills but would love to meet someone to compare and learn.

Back