J knives and cheese

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshstar

Reaction score
Since getting into J knives I have found myself keeping a $10 chef knife from Target just for cheese, it seems that J knives do not do a good job of slicing cheese, the cheese just sticks to them to much and the friction screws everything up.

Is there a special knife for cheese !!! seems to be one for everything else ?

Alan

If I'm just getting a few slices for a sammich, I use whatever is handy---that may be a 270mm custom knife or 6" Wal-Mart Farberware. If I'm doing a LOT of slicing for a poker spread or barbeque, I'll use a cheese wire. I'm sure there are dedicated "cheese knives" out there, but I don't work with enough cheese to really feel the need to break from my already established routine.

Rosel makes a good cheese "knife", looks goofy but it works.

114w21dzedL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

thats a good cheese knife that isn't too expensive. i used one a few times at functions at peoples homes and in the professional kitchen. it can also be left on a cheese board for serving

btw, its rosle

:D

The 1/3 of the blade closest to the tip on a suji has always done mighty fine by me for cheese.

I hand slice blocks of gruyere daily at my job with an aogami sujihiki. I just keep the blade damp....

¡™£¢∞§¶•ªº–≠!!!

ahh go to microsoft word, hold ctrl+shift and press ;. then enter the vowel you want the umlaut over

That sounds like way more work than googling "rosle" and then copying the results, which have the umlaut in place.

Back