Quantcast
ebay MAC bread knives
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: ebay MAC bread knives

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    128

    ebay MAC bread knives

    someone on KF found this - i'm passing it along:
    http://stores.ebay.com/gotfishon43/_...4.l1513&_pgn=1

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    231
    awesome! just bought one, 37 bucks is a hell of a deal... especially with free shipping! thanks a lot!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fort Duquense
    Posts
    186
    great deal ashame the bread knives are gone

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    128
    darn - sorry guys/gals - i thought there were more - didn't mean to post about something and have it be so short-lived! well, at least Hermes got a jump on one (i think it was 37 for the 9" and 53 for the big 'un). damn - i was planning on buying a lot of these later today and giving fruit cake and bread knives for the holidays.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,905
    Thanks for posting it!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by TDj View Post
    darn - sorry guys/gals - i thought there were more - didn't mean to post about something and have it be so short-lived! well, at least Hermes got a jump on one (i think it was 37 for the 9" and 53 for the big 'un). damn - i was planning on buying a lot of these later today and giving fruit cake and bread knives for the holidays.
    Yup, how big where the larger ones? I only got a 9"

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    128
    10.5"
    i got one of them for the sake of getting one, but i've never had such a long bread knife before (i'm using some cuisinart p.o.s.). while i'm sure it'll cut better than the cuisinart, if i have no place to store it, then you'll see it in the b/s/t forum.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    231
    Oh, no biggie. Happy with my purchase. I heard these are pretty good bread knives. Was considering the tojro it's ones but I couldn't pass this up.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes7792 View Post
    Was considering the tojro it's ones but I couldn't pass this up.
    Yea, I tried to figure out why the tojiro's were so revered. All I was told was "it cuts really well" and then I was shown some pretty cool videos. Be that as it may, I'm not sure why it cuts so much better than say, a Shun, or Forschner. As far as I know (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), the MAC is the only one with scallops?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by TDj View Post
    Yea, I tried to figure out why the tojiro's were so revered. All I was told was "it cuts really well" and then I was shown some pretty cool videos. Be that as it may, I'm not sure why it cuts so much better than say, a Shun, or Forschner. As far as I know (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), the MAC is the only one with scallops?
    Nah the Tojiro is scalloped. It's cheap, and got a design that was custom made by forumites. Kind of a group "what would be the ideal bread knife" thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts