Quantcast
ebay MAC bread knives
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ebay MAC bread knives

ebay MAC bread knives

someone on KF found this - i'm passing it along:
    http://stores.ebay.com/gotfishon43/_...4.l1513&_pgn=1

awesome! just bought one, 37 bucks is a hell of a deal... especially with free shipping! thanks a lot!

great deal ashame the bread knives are gone

darn - sorry guys/gals - i thought there were more - didn't mean to post about something and have it be so short-lived! well, at least Hermes got a jump on one (i think it was 37 for the 9" and 53 for the big 'un). damn - i was planning on buying a lot of these later today and giving fruit cake and bread knives for the holidays.

Thanks for posting it!

Quote Originally Posted by TDj View Post
    darn - sorry guys/gals - i thought there were more - didn't mean to post about something and have it be so short-lived! well, at least Hermes got a jump on one (i think it was 37 for the 9" and 53 for the big 'un). damn - i was planning on buying a lot of these later today and giving fruit cake and bread knives for the holidays.
    Yup, how big where the larger ones? I only got a 9"

10.5"
    i got one of them for the sake of getting one, but i've never had such a long bread knife before (i'm using some cuisinart p.o.s.). while i'm sure it'll cut better than the cuisinart, if i have no place to store it, then you'll see it in the b/s/t forum.

Oh, no biggie. Happy with my purchase. I heard these are pretty good bread knives. Was considering the tojro it's ones but I couldn't pass this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes7792 View Post
    Was considering the tojro it's ones but I couldn't pass this up.
    Yea, I tried to figure out why the tojiro's were so revered. All I was told was "it cuts really well" and then I was shown some pretty cool videos. Be that as it may, I'm not sure why it cuts so much better than say, a Shun, or Forschner. As far as I know (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), the MAC is the only one with scallops?

Quote Originally Posted by TDj View Post
    Yea, I tried to figure out why the tojiro's were so revered. All I was told was "it cuts really well" and then I was shown some pretty cool videos. Be that as it may, I'm not sure why it cuts so much better than say, a Shun, or Forschner. As far as I know (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), the MAC is the only one with scallops?
    Nah the Tojiro is scalloped. It's cheap, and got a design that was custom made by forumites. Kind of a group "what would be the ideal bread knife" thing.

+ Reply to Thread